Issue with AD2

andrewsmol

Question

I am having an issue with my Analog Discovery 2 when opening Waveforms. It has worked on this computer in the past, so I am unsure as to what is going on. I get a slightly different error message every time. I have attached a screenshot of the most recent error. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Screenshot at 2022-10-03 17-38-06.png

5 answers to this question

Hi @andrewsmol

Probably the device does not get sufficient power, there is high resistance/high voltage drop on the USB supply cable/contacts.
Try using the original cable or other cables you have at hand, try other USB connector, other computer, powered hub, 5V DC auxiliary power supply if you have...

Hi @andrewsmol

Are you using the latest software versions?
https://digilent.com/reference/software/adept/start
https://digilent.com/reference/software/waveforms/waveforms-3/start

With older software version there was a similar problem on Linux:

What computer are you using? Is it Intel CPU or ARM ? Which operating system are you using?

To see if the problem is with the device, you could also try using an Intel CPU computer, preferably with Windows or Mac.

Hi @andrewsmol

For warranty and replacement contact the support.digilent at ni.com specifying the Date of Purchase, Seller and Purchase Order/ Web order Number.

Before this it would be good to try using the original cable or other cables you have at hand to make sure it is not a contact issue, and a Windows or Mac computer to make sure the problem/conflict is not with the Linux/driver.