Problems with JTAG HS3 Programming cable

Myself Ashika. I'm working as an ASIC Engineer at AHEESA DIGITAL INNOVATIONS. We have purchased the product JTAG HS3 Programming Cable in Digikey. We are facing a problem in running the Digilent Adept Runtime , Utilities and Plug-in Softwares for Xilinx ISE 14.7 i.e, being used for JTAG connection. I have tried installing it but there is no permissions to access (read or write) the files which is available in the Digilent Adept SDK tar file. The programming cable is getting detected after giving the cable autoconnect option in IMPACT. But the program is getting failed and also there is an error :

"INFO:iMPACT - Current time: 13 Jul 2022 22:22:34 PROGRESS_START - Starting Operation. INFO:iMPACT:583 - '1': The idcode read from the device does not match the idcode in the bsdl File. INFO:iMPACT:1578 - '1': Device IDCODE : 00001111111111111000111111111111 INFO:iMPACT:1579 - '1': Expected IDCODE: 00000110111000011000000010010011 PROGRESS_END - End Operation. Elapsed time = 0 sec."

We need some suggestions about this problem. Is there any other ways to overcome this problem ?

Edited by Ashika

• 8 months later...

Hii,

There are a few resources to this issue as an ASIC Engineer having problems with the Digilent Adept Runtime, Utilities, and Plug-in software for the JTAG connection utilizing the JTAG HS3 Programming Cable:

1. Make that your installation of the Digilent Adept Runtime, Utilities, and Plug-in software is compatible with Xilinx ISE 14.7 by checking the software compatibility chart. Check to see whether Digilent has stated any particular software needs or upgrades for your programming cable.

2. Try running the Digilent Adept program with administrator rights by choosing the "Run as Administrator" option. Right-click the software executable or shortcut and choose "Run as administrator." This could provide you access to and control over the essential files.

3. Set File Permissions: You may manually change the permissions for the files in the Digilent Adept SDK tar file if you're having trouble with file access permissions. To change the permissions to enable read and write access, right-click the file or folder, select "Properties," select the "Security" tab, and make the necessary changes.

4. Contact Digilent Support: If the issue continues, it is advised to get in touch with Digilent Support for more guidance. They can assist diagnose the problem and offer customized advice depending on your configuration.

5. If the issue is still not resolved, take into account alternate programming options that are compatible with your JTAG HS3 Programming Cable. Verify if any additional software tools suggested by Digilent or Xilinx can meet your programming requirements.

Kind Regards

Vivek Garg