E-DIO24 Connection

burdi49

Question

Good morning,

I am currently unable to connect to my E-DIO24 device. I have installed the software which is unable to detect the device and tried to connect via IP address but am unable to ping the device. Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

9 answers to this question

Hello @burdi49,

I have found the easiest way to get the E-DIO24 to connect to your computer or network is to, First plug in the CAT5 cable between the host computer or network hub/switch, and THEN apply power.  Applying the power last insures the device is ready to auto negotiate with the host.

Now run InstaCal. click on "Install" >> Add Board.  Click on ENET tab, and Refresh button.

image.png

Click on the entry for the E-DIO24, the click on "Add" button.

image.png

And that's it.

If you have tried other methods or options, you may want to run through the reset procedure found on page 9 of the User's manual (https://www.mccdaq.com/pdfs/manuals/E-DIO24.pdf).

Regards,

Jeffrey

3 hours ago, Jeffrey said:

Hello @burdi49,

I have found the easiest way to get the E-DIO24 to connect to your computer or network is to, First plug in the CAT5 cable between the host computer or network hub/switch, and THEN apply power.  Applying the power last insures the device is ready to auto negotiate with the host.

Now run InstaCal. click on "Install" >> Add Board.  Click on ENET tab, and Refresh button.

image.png

Click on the entry for the E-DIO24, the click on "Add" button.

image.png

And that's it.

If you have tried other methods or options, you may want to run through the reset procedure found on page 9 of the User's manual (https://www.mccdaq.com/pdfs/manuals/E-DIO24.pdf).

Regards,

Jeffrey

@Jeffrey I am still unable to connect to the device following the reset procedure. Within InstaCal the device is still not detectable.

Are your computer's TCP/IPV4 settings like this?

image.png

Are you using the cable that was included with the E-DIO24, another straight-thru cable, or a cross-over cable?

You can try setting your computer's IP address like this:

image.png

to see if this works.  Does it?

Lastly, just as a test, have you tried a different computer (this will have to know if the problem is the computer you are using or the E-DIO24)?

Regards,

Jeffrey

The first option ended up working. I am still interested in getting it to connect via setting the IP address as I am currently getting the following response when trying to ping the device at 192.168.0.101: "Destination host unreachable".