Adept JTAG Demo

gmartin102

Question

I and using a Nexys A7 and a Genesys2 board with an HS2 JTAG programmer on Parallels Ubuntu 22.04 VM.  I would like to automate some testing via JTAG with the HS2 and have downloaded the adept runtime and sdk package.  I cannot get the Djtagdemo to detect my HS2

lsusb indicates it's present

gmartin@ubuntu-22:~/digilent.adept.sdk_2.4.2/samples/djtg/DjtgDemo$ lsusb
Bus 001 Device 009: ID 0403:6014 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd FT232H Single HS USB-UART/FIFO IC
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 203a:fffa PARALLELS Virtual Printer (HP OfficeJet Pro 8020 series)
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 203a:fffa PARALLELS Virtual Printer (Print to PDF (Mac Desktop))
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 203a:fffc PARALLELS Virtual Mouse
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
gmartin@ubuntu-22:~/digilent.adept.sdk_2.4.2/samples/djtg/DjtgDemo$ 

I've tried many possible names with no luck

martin@ubuntu-22:~/digilent.adept.sdk_2.4.2/samples/djtg/DjtgDemo$ ./DjtgDemo -d HS2
Error: Could not open device HS2. Check device name

1 answer to this question

Hi @gmartin102,

If lsusb is detecting the JTAG device, then I am guessing that your parallels machine is correctly passing the USB material.

Otherwise I believe you will need to connect and call the actual downstream FPGA, not the JTAG HS2 programmer as it itself cannot be configured. You should be able to get the name of the device through the DmgrEnum example.

Alternatively, you can also use the Adept Utilities (https://digilent.com/reference/software/adept/start) and run "dadutil enum" or "djtgcfg enum" to get the names of the attached devices and then run "djtgcfg init -d <device_name>" to confirm communication is working without needing to run a particular SDK application.

Thanks,
JColvin