.XML Hardware Error?

Anna.Gardner

Question

My company recently just upgraded to the DASYLab 2020 after previously having DASYLab 7. We have a large library of worksheets that were developed under DASYLab 7 using a personal daq, so we were careful when deciding to upgrade as those worksheets would have to transfer over to the newly purchase version. After ensuring that all of the sheets could transfer over and be used with our personal daq, we made the plunge. Everything worked fine until a few months ago. We are unsure of what happened but are now getting an error message when any worksheet is opened. (See image 1) IT states that the .XML Hardware Configuration file associated with the DASYLab work sheets cannot be opened. Additionally, all of our action modules and ODBC out modules within the worksheets are not recognized at all. (See images 2 and 3). This seems to only be the case under the DASYlab 2020 software as the DASYlab 7 is still fine and able to be used.

We are unsure as to what steps we need to take in order to move forward and make these worksheets usable again under the Dasylab 2020 software. 

DasyLab message box 1.PNG

DasyLab message box 2.PNG

DasyLab action module error.PNG

Edited by Anna.Gardner

4 answers to this question

Hello,

Fixing the .XML error simple, just make sure DASYLab is configured to run as an administrator. This is because the default IOtech XML hardware file is kept in the DASYLab folder which under Program Files (x86) and that requires permission to read/write. After you correct the XML error, if the remaining errors are the Action modules check if you have DASYLab FULL or PrO. You need at least FULL to use Action modules. For this run the DASYLab Configurator utility. There should be listed a serial number which is a 26 character string. If you provide the last six digits, I can use it to investigate to see if it is FULL/PRO version.

Best regards,

John

Thank you for such a quick response! 

Please excuse my ignorance. I do understand the concept behind running it as an administrator but I am unsure how to make that happen. Would you mind sending a step-by-step?

The last six of our serial number is C-42459

Hello,

I would appear that your company purchased DASYLab 2020 BASIC January of this year from Omega Engineering. This would explain the missing Action module feature. Reach out to them and explain you need to upgrade from 2020 BASIC to 2020 FULL. 

To run DASYLab as an administrator, startup the File Explorer and locate DASYLab.EXE in the following folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\DASYLab 2020\. Right-mouse click the file and choose Properties. Select the Compatibility tab and check the box Run this program as an administrator. Close the Properties and run DASYLab to verify the XML error is gone. 

Best regards,
John