ULx for NI LabVIEW not Recognizing LabVIEW

Mackenzie Cox

Question

In order to use my measurement computing DAQ with LabVIEW, I have to have this "ULx for NI LabVIEW" software installed to bridge the gap between the two products. I have to have LabVIEW installed before installing the MC software, which I have done, but the MC software is not recognizing that I have already installed LabVIEW and therefore will not install the software.

How can I get it to recognize that I already have LabVIEW installed?

6 answers to this question

Hello @Mackenzie Cox.

Which version of LabVIEW do you have installed?  At this time, 'ULx for NI LabVIEW' is not supported under LabVIEW 2022; only supported for LabVIEW 2010 to LabVIEW 2021.  Have you installed the current MCC DAQ software v6.73?  If not, here is a link to download and then install the software, which allows a user to select 'ULx for NI LabVIEW' as part of the installation. 

https://mcc.download.ni.com/downloads/MCCDaqCD/mccdaq.exe

As you pointed out, LabVIEW must reside on the target system before 'ULx for NI LabVIEW' can be installed. 

Next, before launching LabVIEW, connect your MCC daq device (which model?) to the target system and then open MCC's InstaCal utility.  InstaCal's executable file, 'inscal32.exe', is located in the 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Measurement Computing\DAQ' folder.  Your daq device should appear in the list before you can use LabVIEW.  Let us know if it does not appear in the list.  If the device does appear in the list, then close InstaCal and proceed to LabVIEW.  There are canned examples for 'ULx for NI LabVIEW' in the ULx subfolder for LabVIEW, i.e. 'C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2020\examples\ULx'.

Regards,

Fausto 

On 8/5/2022 at 12:09 AM, Fausto said:

Hello @Mackenzie Cox.

Which version of LabVIEW do you have installed?  At this time, 'ULx for NI LabVIEW' is not supported under LabVIEW 2022; only supported for LabVIEW 2010 to LabVIEW 2021.  Have you installed the current MCC DAQ software v6.73?  If not, here is a link to download and then install the software, which allows a user to select 'ULx for NI LabVIEW' as part of the installation. 

https://mcc.download.ni.com/downloads/MCCDaqCD/mccdaq.exe

As you pointed out, LabVIEW must reside on the target system before 'ULx for NI LabVIEW' can be installed. 

Next, before launching LabVIEW, connect your MCC daq device (which model?) to the target system and then open MCC's InstaCal utility.  InstaCal's executable file, 'inscal32.exe', is located in the 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Measurement Computing\DAQ' folder.  Your daq device should appear in the list before you can use LabVIEW.  Let us know if it does not appear in the list.  If the device does appear in the list, then close InstaCal and proceed to LabVIEW.  There are canned examples for 'ULx for NI LabVIEW' in the ULx subfolder for LabVIEW, i.e. 'C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2020\examples\ULx'.

Regards,

Fausto 

Hi Fausto, I have followed the instruction and it works. But the question is I cannot find the "ULx for NILabview" in the "User Libraries". I have run some examples, like the "ULx Write Dig Port.vi ", it can be run after choosing a channel. I'm using Labview 2021 on win10.

Hi @Fausto

Thanks for your reply. But I still do not have this option...

I have already configured the board, and I can find a lot of things in the fold 'C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2022\vi.lib'.

I have also changed the version of Labview, but it still don't work...

I am driven crazy

image.png.427170e0fcd4a06b7d908d09fb22a9f8.png

image.png.830afe362564a9b8b3c07e21bcb3fa73.png

As shown in my previous screen capture, check the Block Diagram, not the Front Panel. 

Which version of LabVIEW did you install last?  ULx for NI LabVIEW is currently supported up to LabVIEW 2022.  Download and install the current version of the MCC DAQ software suite.  https://www.mccdaq.com/Software-Downloads 

Select the ULx for NI LabVIEW option during the installation.  Afterwards, check your Windows Control Panel - Programs and Features, as shown below.

image.png

You should find the ULx files in the LabVIEW folder as shown below.

image.png

If the ULx folder and its files are not present, do you need to an administrator to install software on that system?

We are not getting reports of this issue from other customers.