Dasy Cutter Software

jtac

Question

I'm not sure if I'm in the right location to ask this question so if not please let me know where it should go.  We use Dasylab 2016 SP1 on a win 10 machine.  A former employee wrote a program that interfaces with the Dasy Cutter software in some fashion.  He left the company and no one knows anything about this program and we're needing to move everything to a new PC.  Is it possible to meet with your support team and possibly do a screen share so you can see what we're working with?  

5 answers to this question

Hello,

If you don't mind, attach your DASYLab 2016 worksheet and I'll take a look to see how it's setup. If it's fairly straight forward I can provide instructions to move it to a new computer. Otherwise, I will refer you to a DASYLab Systems Integrator that can provide the required assistance.

Do you know if it uses MCC hardware like one of our USB devices?

Best regards,
John

On 8/1/2022 at 1:26 PM, JRys said:

Hello,

If you don't mind, attach your DASYLab 2016 worksheet and I'll take a look to see how it's setup. If it's fairly straight forward I can provide instructions to move it to a new computer. Otherwise, I will refer you to a DASYLab Systems Integrator that can provide the required assistance.

Do you know if it uses MCC hardware like one of our USB devices?

Best regards,
John

Sorry for the delay.  Trying to get an answer from the lab folks.  They say it uses a USB-1608GX-2AO as far as MCC hardware.  They are telling me they don't know how to attach the requested worksheet.  Can you provide instructions on how to do so?  Thank you

DASYLab is used to make and run custom programs (worksheets), which are saved to a file with a .DSB extension. There are two ways to start the worksheet: you can start DASYLab and then access the DASYLab File menu to open it; or you can double click the file which launches DASYLab and loads the worksheet at the same time. Many customer put their worksheet on the desktop then double click it to begin. Perhaps the file is there?

John

On 8/30/2022 at 10:23 AM, JRys said:

DASYLab is used to make and run custom programs (worksheets), which are saved to a file with a .DSB extension. There are two ways to start the worksheet: you can start DASYLab and then access the DASYLab File menu to open it; or you can double click the file which launches DASYLab and loads the worksheet at the same time. Many customer put their worksheet on the desktop then double click it to begin. Perhaps the file is there?

John

Thanks John.  I've uploaded the screenshots they sent me.  Does this help?  I see the one error where it's looking for something in the 'data' folder.  Does something need to be copied over?  

Screenshot 2022-09-19 132302.png

Screenshot 2022-09-19 132351.png

Screenshot 2022-09-19 132419.png

Hello,

The following URL will download the DASYLab 2016 installation program. You can use it to install DASYLab 2016 on a different computer. Because you use the USB-1608GX-2AO you also need InstaCal, which can be installed with the second URL.

https://www.mccdaq.com/downloads/archive/DASYLab/DASYLab_2016.0.1.exe

https://www.mccdaq.com/downloads/InstaCal/icalsetup.exe

Here's a video that brings it all together

Best regards,
John