Location of InstaCal program's DEMOx.DAT files

JeremySPX

Question

Hello,

I want to create a  few streamer files that can be used as a source of demo data (DEMO7) by the instaCal program.

According to the documentation, the DEMOx.DAT files are stored somewhere but I can’t find them.
If I know where those are then I can easily crbeate new streamer files for the User channels in the Demo board.

Can someone please tell me where to look for those DEMO.DAT files Please?

Many thanks!

Jeremy 

6 answers to this question

Hello,

I could not find any information regarding the use of DEMO files with InstaCal. So, it appears that it was intended to be a feature but never materialized. However, I did a little poking around the MCC tech support database and found an old case where a user made it work for their application. The case reference the ULFI01 example, which creates the a DEMO file. If you installed InstaCal using our MCC DAQ Software CD download, the examples are in C:\Users\Public\Documents\Measurement Computing\DAQ\. Name the file DEMO0.DAT and added it to the InstaCal folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Measurement Computing\DAQ\). 

Regards,

John

That's terrific info - many thanks! It will really help me to be able to record the machine and bring it back to my lab so that I can write and adjust my vb.net code to handle it instead of having to keep going out into the shop and having to work with live data in an uncomfortable environment and try to code for it.
Thanks for the quick response.
Jeremy

Well, I made it as far as creating a new DEMO5.DAT file using the ULFI01  program but it doesn't show up in the list for the DEMO board in instacal, after I put it in the  (C:\Program Files (x86)\Measurement Computing\DAQ\) folder.
So the question is where are the other DEMO waveform files that the DEMO board uses?

A thorough disk search doesn't show any of them up under their names.

I'm hoping to be able to use my own DEMO.DAT files this weekend to save a lot of time and try to have this project ready for Monday.

Many thanks in advance for a further tip.

Jeremy

Hi John,

I tried that - I tried putting the DEMO0.DAT in a variety of other likely places but no joy.

Perhaps I'll have to capture digitized analog data from the machine's two A-D channels and then read them into my program instead.

Thanks for the help, though.

Jeremy

I have a bit different information, and I dont remember where I got it. The DEMOx.dat files are in 

C:\Users\<XXXX>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Measurement Computing\DAQ

In any case, I have been using this feature for years, I have a routine that takes raw data created by my end users, generates a DEMO0.DAT file, which then place in the location above. Works like a charm to create 'replay' files that my users create. Allows me to debug the actual data acquistion routines. 

Maybe the program looks in several places??