Request for help with fast data aquisition for USB-205

chessicfo

Question

Hi,

We recently purchased the USB-205 DAQ card, and we were trying the python examples but couldn't find any python example to use the hardware paced mode.

Could you please provide a basic python example to acquire analog input at 500kS/s?

We also need this inorder to test the specs of this DAQ card.

Many thanks,

B

2 answers to this question

Hello @chessicfo

Are you looking for a USB-205 compatible hardware paced example for Windows or Linux?

On Windows: Please try a_in_sca_background.py or a_in_scan_file.py

On Linux:  Please try a_in_scan.py.

As these are examples, you will need to modify them to meet your requirements with regard to number of channels, samples per channel, sampling rate, and what to do with the collected data.

Regards,

Jeffrey

Thank you, Jeffrey. The solution worked. However, for my project, I need to run the data acquisition at 10kS/s for three analog input channels for at least 3 hours or longer while having the first column as date and time similar to the attached code which doesn't use hardware paced. Could you please help as I am not sure about the buffer allocation, etc. and certainly I am using a normal laptop having 16 Gb of RAM, so not sure if there is a way to record high resolution data without crashing the laptop?

Many thanks,

B

Digilent_DAQ_B_control.py