Arty Z7 onboard LED control -- constraints vs. ZYNQ7 Processing System FIXED_IO

rehsd

Question

RESOLVED. I had to delete the block design wrapper and recreate it.

Using an Arty Z7-20, I am able to start a new project and add lines to the constraints file to get onboard LEDs to work in a simple test setup.

I also have an existing project based on a Digilent demo project. In this project, the information I enter in the constraints file doesn't allow me access to the onboard LEDs. This project has a ZYNQ7 Processing System in the block design, connected to FIXED_IO. Does this pre-empt the information in the constraints file?

As an example, the attached images show a simple test setup, which works fine if I create a new project. However, this same setup added to the existing demo project (with the ZYNQ7 Processing System) does not work. In this case, I have a Pmod ENC: Rotary Encoder connected to JB. In the new project, the LEDs indicate input from the encoder just fine, but on the existing demo project this does not work.

My assumption is that something other than my constraint file data is controlling this information in the demo project. I'm not sure where/how to change that behavior.

Thank you!

simple2.thumb.png.7e36a59e431a0624980818ec57750def.png

simple1.thumb.png.e6a76485a3395124bb20a4961dbb233c.png

Edited by rehsd

1 answer to this question