Cannot install InstaCal

Jack Neilson

Question

Hello,

As the title suggests, I am trying to install InstaCal v6.73 on a Windows 11 machine. When attempting to run I get the error "This app can't run on your PC. To find a version for your PC, check with the software publisher", with no other diagnostic information.

I have attempted running as administrator and in compatibility mode which seems to have no effect.

3 answers to this question

Hello @Jack Neilson.

Please download and save the MCC DAQ v6.73 installation file using the following link.

https://www.mccdaq.com/downloads/MCCDaqCD/mccdaq.exe

Once saved to your target system, right click on the file and select 'Run as administrator'.  Select the InstaCal/Universal Library option during the installation.  If prompted to 'Repair' or 'Modify', select 'Modify'.  Any issues installing?

Using the search icon on your Windows 11 Taskbar, search for 'appwiz.cpl' and then select it.

image.png.9f7494ee0509f6e6ed1eb9f64067d6c6.png 

In the Program and Features window, click the 'Publisher' header to sort the column list.  Scroll till you find Measurement Computing and verify that InstaCal v6.73 is installed.

image.thumb.png.71155633b37fd800fc8e034b9f66eb99.png

On the left side of that window, click on 'Turn Windows features on or off'.  Verify that '.NET Framework 3.5' is selected.

image.png.d6cba91138af5ce5ad65221df5df91ec.png

Close those windows and attempt to launch InstaCal again.  Does InstaCal open?  Reply with screen captures and additional details if not.

Regards,

Fausto

Hi Fausto,

To clarify, the problem I'm having is not with instacal but the instacal installer. I've re-downloaded the installer and tried to run as administrator but get the same error. I've disabled driver signature verification and verified that .NET Framework v3.5 is installed but the error persists (screenshots below). The problem also persists when running in compatibility mode (Windows 10).

image.png.bfaee5e6e286a9b4fa327ba7fa11f790.png

WIN_20220623_12_47_14_Pro.thumb.jpg.65d7cbe857061e3fa3ebf8af9da2394b.jpg

Apologies for the poor resolution.

Kind regards,

Jack Neilson

Hello Jack.

Thank you for the screen captures.  Please show what was behind the message prompt in your first image.  What is the installer's filename and where is the installer file located when you attempt to run it?  On which drive do you have Windows 11 running?  Did you install Windows 11 or your IT Administrator?  Did the target system come with Windows 11 installed or did someone run a Windows update in order to upgrade to Windows 11.  Please provide additional details regarding the target system's make and model, the version and build of your Windows 11 OS, and whether you are using a Virtual Machine to run Windows 11.

In the second screen capture, which Measurement Computing applications appear, in the background, on the Programs and Features page?

This issue is not typical, thus the reason for all my questions.

Regards,

Fausto