MATLAB r2022a DAQ functions unable to recognise USB-1616HS-BNC DAQ box

Jorn

Question

Hello,  I am trying to run a program for data acquisition on MATLAB r2022a (64bit) connected to a USB-1616HS-BNC. While Instacal can recognise the board when i connect it, the daq toolbox on MATLAB can't. Is this because the board can only connect to 32 bit software, and if so are there any drivers I can do to overcome this problem? Thanks.

9 answers to this question

Hello @Jorn.

Please verify that you are using InstaCal v6.73.  If you are not, then you can download and install the 'mccdaq' installation using the following link.

https://www.mccdaq.com/downloads/MCCDaqCD/mccdaq.exe

Next, verify that InstaCal is not running, when you launch MATLAB R2022a.  Once in MATLAB, run the following command as shown in my screen capture below.

v = daqvendorlist

Do you see the 'mcc' vendor in the list?

image.thumb.png.0a1bd63d0836c5a3b1310ce0d394d710.png

Please reply with a screen capture from your system.

Regards,

Fausto

Thank you for the screen capture.

Please open MATLAB R2022a and click on the 'Add-Ons' menu option.  Select 'Manage Add-Ons'.  Does the list show version 22.1.0 of the 'Data Acquisition Toolbox Support Package for Measurement Computing Hardware'?

image.thumb.png.0a14743ec52af7bb9472c3fd0433cf67.png

If it does not list this support package, then you will need to install the 'Data Acquisition Toolbox Support Package for Measurement Computing Hardware' via the Add-On manager. 

However, if the Measurement Computing support package version 22.1.0 is listed, then please uninstall the 'Data Acquisition Toolbox Support Package for Measurement Computing Hardware' from the Add-On manager.  To uninstall the package, click on the vertical ellipsis at the far right and select 'Uninstall'.

image.thumb.png.5df69d438bc52dcbdafd648b8afa3e8d.png

Afterwards, exit MATLAB and open Windows Control Panel - Programs & Features (use 'appwiz.cpl' from Windows Taskbar).  Uninstall Measurement Computing’s InstaCal/Universal Library and then restart the PC.    Launch MATLAB and reinstall the 'Data Acquisition Toolbox Support Package for Measurement Computing Hardware' via the Add-On manager.  During the toolbox installation, MATLAB should install MCC’s drivers and libraries.  Let me know if this step does not happen.  Next, exit MATLAB.  Connect your USB-1616HS-BNC device and launch InstaCal.  Verify that the device appears in the list and then close InstaCal.  Launch MATLAB and run the 'daqvendorlist' command.  Does MATLAB detect the MCC vendor and your hardware?  Please respond whether these steps were successful or not. 

If your issue is not resolved, then execute the ‘daqsupport’ function in MATLAB’s Command window.  This command will save useful diagnostic information to a text file ('daqtest.txt'), which should be sent to MathWorks support group.  

Regards,

Fausto

Hello @Jorn.

Thank you for the screen captures.  It appears your USB-1616HS-BNC is detected by InstaCal, but that is not the reason why MATLAB showed the 'mcc' vendor as 'not operational' nor why 'mcc' is not shown in the vendor list now.  The screen capture also shows that you have the 'Data Acquisition Toolbox' package installed, which is a prerequisite.  At this point, I would recommend you reach out to MathWorks for support.  MathWorks developed and manages the 'Data Acquisition Toolbox Support Package for Measurement Computing Hardware' for MCC.

Please reply to this post if they are successful.  Other users may find the solution helpful.

Regards,

Fausto

On 6/22/2022 at 9:52 AM, Fausto said:

Thank you for the screen capture.

Please open MATLAB R2022a and click on the 'Add-Ons' menu option.  Select 'Manage Add-Ons'.  Does the list show version 22.1.0 of the 'Data Acquisition Toolbox Support Package for Measurement Computing Hardware'?

image.thumb.png.0a14743ec52af7bb9472c3fd0433cf67.png

If it does not list this support package, then you will need to install the 'Data Acquisition Toolbox Support Package for Measurement Computing Hardware' via the Add-On manager. 

However, if the Measurement Computing support package version 22.1.0 is listed, then please uninstall the 'Data Acquisition Toolbox Support Package for Measurement Computing Hardware' from the Add-On manager.  To uninstall the package, click on the vertical ellipsis at the far right and select 'Uninstall'.

image.thumb.png.5df69d438bc52dcbdafd648b8afa3e8d.png

Afterwards, exit MATLAB and open Windows Control Panel - Programs & Features (use 'appwiz.cpl' from Windows Taskbar).  Uninstall Measurement Computing’s InstaCal/Universal Library and then restart the PC.    Launch MATLAB and reinstall the 'Data Acquisition Toolbox Support Package for Measurement Computing Hardware' via the Add-On manager.  During the toolbox installation, MATLAB should install MCC’s drivers and libraries.  Let me know if this step does not happen.  Next, exit MATLAB.  Connect your USB-1616HS-BNC device and launch InstaCal.  Verify that the device appears in the list and then close InstaCal.  Launch MATLAB and run the 'daqvendorlist' command.  Does MATLAB detect the MCC vendor and your hardware?  Please respond whether these steps were successful or not. 

If your issue is not resolved, then execute the ‘daqsupport’ function in MATLAB’s Command window.  This command will save useful diagnostic information to a text file ('daqtest.txt'), which should be sent to MathWorks support group.  

Regards,

Fausto

I had a similar issue with the device MCC USB-201-OEM in MATLAB R2022a, but I resolved it following the procedure posted by Fausto. In addition, I added screen captures before and after applying the procedure.

Initial error related to the driver, code error -226:

DriverError_Matlab_2022a_PC_Luis_2.thumb.jpg.f6396acc9f979c9557540d8aea807507.jpg

Bug fixed:

DriverError_Matlab_2022a_Resolved.thumb.png.3b5e7f90bf753b72f3b393e05c2214f8.png

Thanks Fausto!

On 9/27/2022 at 10:17 PM, Luis Antonio said:

I had a similar issue with the device MCC USB-201-OEM in MATLAB R2022a, but I resolved it following the procedure posted by Fausto. In addition, I added screen captures before and after applying the procedure.

DriverError_Matlab_2022a_PC_Luis_2.thumb.jpg.f6396acc9f979c9557540d8aea807507.jpg

Bug fixed:

DriverError_Matlab_2022a_Resolved.thumb.png.3b5e7f90bf753b72f3b393e05c2214f8.png

Thanks Fausto!

On 9/27/2022 at 10:17 PM, Luis Antonio said:

Bug fixed:

Thanks Fausto!

Hello.

I'm facing a new issue related to the USB-201-OEM module and MATLAB 2022a.

I can acquire analog samples from the Ai0 channel from the module if I do it through the Command Window of MATLAB R2022a (64bits), running on Windows 10. But I can't do it through the executable file generated by the Application compiler of MATLAB. Although I'm using Instacal version 6.60, the version is installed through 'Add-Ons' menu option.

I added the own MATLAB script, Command Window output, the command prompt output, and the daqtest.txt file generated when I call the 'daqsupport' function into the MATLAB script.

instaCalTest.m

MATLAB_CommandWindow_Output.txt

Windows10_CommandPrompt_Output.txt

daqtest.txt

Hopefully, someone can help me.

Luis Antonio

Hello @Luis Antonio.

I received a response from MathWorks regarding your issue when running a compiled executable that uses the Data Acquisition Toolbox and the Data Acquisition Toolbox Support Package for Measurement Computing Hardware.  "The issue may be related to missing directories that need to be included during compilation."  Take a look at the following MATLAB Answers page for a potential workaround:
https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/answers/340613-how-do-i-deploy-matlab-code-which-makes-use-of-data-acquisition-toolbox-with-a-third-party-vendor

Please reach out to the MathWorks Technical Support team to troubleshoot further if the workaround does not resolve your issue.

https://www.mathworks.com/support/contact_us.html

Regards,

Fausto

Hi all,

I had the same problem as Jorn's when I was using Matlab with some mcc devices (which are named as supporting device by Matlab Data Acquisition Tool Box).

After installed MCC support packeage It seemed Matlab doesn't recognise the mcc vendor driver and I stacked with this error message.

"Unable to detect 'mcc' hardware: Driver command failed with status code: -226."

Matlab Toolbox Support Package for Measurement Computing Hardware comes with Instacal app ver 6.6.

I also tried with the update version of instacal 6.74 but got the same result. However I was sure that the devices were working properly when I was using Instacal app and DAQami app.

So I compared the both folders of program files.

The typical directory of that folder is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Measurement Computing\DAQ" (Windows11 in my case)

The program folder comes with "Matlab Toolbox Support Package for Measurement Computing Hardware" (which instacal ver. 6.6) was missing 4 files compared to the same folder of ver 6.74.

Thus I copied those 4 files to the another one then started working well with Matlab.

I hope this helps to solve someone's problem.

Edited by Kohtku