WaveForms Logic: Arrows scroll the wrong way

LarsB

Question

This is just a minor issue, and maybe my expectations are wrong, but: When I click on one of those little arrows at the side of the signal grid, e.g.,

image.png.cb135f1ea049a332cebdb5c5b9d14b63.png

I get the previous data segment, i.e., the signals scroll to the right (might makes the signal segment at the right edge disappear), which is consistent with the right-facing arrow.

But my expectation is that clicking this arrow on the right side of the grid would show the data that follows after the edge, i.e., more.  In other words, the grid should scroll left

Please compare this behavior with virtually any image gallery on the web, and you'll find that clicking the right arrow shows the next image, not the previous.  Compared to this de-facto standard, Logic has it backwards.

Am I the only one who thinks this way?

4 answers to this question

Great, I didn't know that!  In my version, it says "swap event navigation", but it works.  Very minor nitpick: It also reverses the arrow symbol, which is still confusing, so maybe keep the arrow's direction while swapping navigation?  Or maybe it's already like that in your version?

Edited by LarsB