About ADP5250 using drive API to output voltage

Kou

Question

@attilaI have AD2 and ADP, and I use AD2 to run the program "Analogio_AnalogDISCOVERy2_power. CPP", which can output voltage, but there is no voltage output when I use ADP5250, is there any explanation for this phenomenon

9 answers to this question

1653269478(1).thumb.png.d0479548a23709dd6ba222f037db9fb6.pngimage.thumb.png.cb736f8409ae56a21684b6aac6f78d79.pngimage.png.19a86b7822219797963a868e8e168f4f.png

image.png.b24b4dff66cac0824b331b83c505e3f8.png

Hi.@ According to my understanding, this example did not output voltage at positions 1, 2, and 3, but only enable the supply channel, so I added voltage output later,When I used AD2, I ran my modified example, channel 0 and channel 1 could output voltage of 1 and -1,When I used ADP,channel 0 and channel 1 cannot output voltage of 1 and -1.

@attilaThank you so much,This solved my existing confusion.

And I have one more question,In simple terms,I want to use the VirtualBench driver to drive the ADP 5250 directly. Can I do some work on the VIRTUalBench C code base so that it can call ADP5250?

NI has a digilent toolkit that can be used in LabVIEW,I know this,But my job is to write tests in C.

I understand that since labView's toolkit for Digilent uses the VirtualBench API, there must be a way to call it in C

@attilaBut in the C driver, they initialize differently.

Virtualbench.h:

NIVB_LIBRARY_VERSION 302039040

niVB_Status NIVB_DECL niVB_Initialize(uint32_t version, niVB_LibraryHandle* handle);

dwf.h:

DWFAPI int FDwfDeviceOpen(int idxDevice, HDWF *phdwf);

So,they’re different.

How can I call ADP using virtualbench. H?

Hi @Kou

You can use the WF SDK to control the ADP5250 as described in the WF pdf manual and it is compatible with most of the examples.

This device can also controlled natively with dadp5capi like this:
C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\VirtualBench Documentation\
C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\VirtualBench ANSI C Examples\
C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Shared\ExternalCompilerSupport\C\lib32\msvc\ nivirtualbench.lib

#include <stdio.h>
#include <windows.h>
#include "nivirtualbench.h"

// change functions in nivirtualbench.h like:
// typedef niVB_Status (__cdecl *niVB_Initialize)(uint32_t version, niVB_LibraryHandle* handle);

int main(void){
    HMODULE hNil = LoadLibraryA("dadp5capi.dll");
    if(!hNil) return 0;

niVB_LibraryHandle hLib;
    niVB_Initialize vb_Initialize = (niVB_Initialize)GetProcAddress(hNil, "niVB_Initialize");
    niVB_Finalize vb_Finalize = (niVB_Finalize)GetProcAddress(hNil, "niVB_Finalize");
    //....

if(vb_Initialize(NIVB_LIBRARY_VERSION, &hLib)) {
        FreeLibrary(hNil);
        return 0;
    }
    //....
    vb_Finalize(hLib);
    FreeLibrary(hNil);
    printf("done");
    return 1;
}