Arty Z7 - No devices detected on target

Hartley

Question

Hello,

I was using my Arty Z7 board to test some Petalinux stuff booting from a SD Card. Everything was working fine.

I wanted to try some other FPGA stuff so I created a new Vivado project and switched my board to boot from JTAG. Now I am getting errors when Vivado attempts to open the taget:

INFO: [Labtoolstcl 44-466] Opening hw_target localhost:3121/xilinx_tcf/Digilent/003017A6B7F7A
ERROR: [Labtools 27-2269] No devices detected on target localhost:3121/xilinx_tcf/Digilent/003017A6B7F7A.
Check cable connectivity and that the target board is powered up then
use the disconnect_hw_server and connect_hw_server to re-register this hardware target.
ERROR: [Common 17-39] 'open_hw_target' failed due to earlier errors.

I tried switching it back to boot from the SD card and that does not work now either.

My host system is linux Ubuntu if that matters.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Just an update on the board.

I have tried powering it from both the USB and REG inputs. Both appear to work (LD13 turns on for both).

I have also connected to the USB UART using 'tio -b 115200 /dev/ttyUSB1'. When tio is running I see Connected/Disconnected messages when the board is powered on/off. Also, pressing keys in tio when connected causes the TX LED to flash. So I'm guess that the USB UART is working.

But, I still can't get the board to boot using the SD card that was working before. And I can't get Vivado to make a JTAG connection.

Help!

Edited by Hartley
Update

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet