Analog Discovery 2 power supply failure

kapinjala

Question

I think my power supply just broke. I was working on a lab and the 5V supply suddenly dropped to 1V. I verified my meter is good. I tried to calibrate and when it prompts me to measure 1V I get .987V, then when it prompts me to measure 5V I only get 1V.  It is the same for the negative supply.  Is there any way to fix this or is the device broken?  How would I go about getting a replacement?  

5 answers to this question

i had a simple resistive circuit (see below).  I was using the 5 volt power supply (+5V to ground).  I was simply taking measurements of voltage and current.  Everything was good then I walked away to get a drink.  when I came back the power supply was putting out 1V instead of the 5V it was set to.  

image.png.c7912244926e81e488dd26888a1f6c82.png

Hi @kapinjala

To make sure it is not a software or configuration issue:
- Load Factory calibration under WF/ Settings/ Device Manager/ Calibration/ Reset and press Apply
- Reconnect the device, close and start the application in safe mode. This will clear the static application settings and the recent workspace list.
- Connect V+ to Scope input 1+, V- to 2+ (1-/2- to GND or leave floating) and use Scope or Voltmeter instrument to test the Supply outputs
- Instead of the Scope input you could also use an external DMM to test the supply(s)

If it is still not working, for warranty and replacement contact the support.digilent at ni.com specifying the Date of Purchase, Seller and Purchase Order/ Web order Number. 

image.png.1871b23e7b8cfaba9b75cdd5b1c417f1.png

Hi @attila

I followed the instructions and the problem persists.  Is the information you provided meant to be a web address?  I cannot find it.  I am unable to locate any where to submit a claim.  Can you please provide a site or email address?

Thank you kindly