Zybo Z7-20 hmdi input outpu demo

altunkenan

Question

Hello All,

We are almost new in this field.

We have downloaded the video processing program from the link: https://digilent.com/reference/programmable-logic/zybo-z7/demos/hdmi

We have connected camera to zybo using hdmi to mini hdmi cable. Then hmdi out is connected to the monitor. We have seen that there are many people who has run the same code given above but we could not get the image on the screen. We have added the picture which shows our fpga card and connections.

If someone can help us, we really appricate.

WhatsApp Image 2022-02-15 at 17.35.51.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-02-15 at 17.35.50.jpeg

design_1.pdf

4 answers to this question

Hi @altunkenan,

When you say you are not getting the image on the screen, what do you mean by that? Do you mean that after you launched the SDK/Vitis application on the Zybo Z7 that you were not able to get any image on the monitor including the color test patterns, or just not a successful pass through of the camera image?

As a check, if you connect the camera directly to the monitor without the Zybo Z7 in-between, are you able to see the (presumably) mirrored image?

Thanks,
JColvin

Dear Colvin,

Thanks for the answer first.

By saying i do not get the image i mean i do not have test image on the screen after starting the SDK.  As you suggested i checked the monitor and camera. I connected camera to monitor and i got video on the screen.

Today again, i followed the instruction on the web page https://digilent.com/reference/programmable-logic/zybo-z7/demos/hdmi for v2018.2-2 by using the release note but i could not make it.

Before programming the FPGA i had the image given in the attached files.

When i clicked the program FPGA on the SDK software the test image on the screen was gone and monitor went in screen saving mode. 

Please help me, i did not understand what is wrong. Is there a something related with jumper position on the zybo. It is as given above picture.

Regards

WhatsApp Image 2022-02-22 at 19.50.08.jpeg