Cmod C2 CoolRunner-II CPLD -- programming tool?

rehsd

Question

Can I program the C2 from the current Vivado toolset? In the C2 manual, it references the ISE WebPACK, but I was thinking Xilinx did away with the WebPACK, rolling it into Vivado. I have the Digilent boards added to my Vivado (2021.2.1), but I don't see any options for the C2 under Boards.

Thank you!

4 answers to this question

Vivado doesn't support any devices except Series 7 and later. Xilinx still posted a version of ISE in it's archives a while ago but it's a version of ISE 14.7 that has support for some devices removed. Getting any version of ISE to run on a recent version of Windows is not trivial.

I have a version of ISE 14/7 installed on my Win10 box. It wasn't an easy process. I installed from old DVD installers that I have from the stone age because the version from the Xilinx archives deleted support for some of the devices that I wanted to use. I don't know about the Coolrunner-II device.

It does indeed allow creating bitstreams for Spartan 3 and 6 devices. As I recall IMPACT has problems and forget about ChipScope.