Digital Discovery

Merchello

Question

Hello,

I am new to this forum. I wanted to use an on-chip 16-20 bit SPI block for our chip fabrication which needs a 1.2 V input signal. The on-chip SPI needs a serial input, giving a parallel output to control the internal on-chip circuits. I came to know about "Digital Discovery: Portable USB Logic Analyzer and Digital Pattern Generator," which is your company's product.

I wanted to know if the Digital Discovery can generate any digital pattern for the on-chip SPI block, requiring 1.2V input signals.

Another product I looked into is "Analog Discovery 2". I wanted to know if this could generate the SPI block's digital pattern requiring a 1.2 V input signal.

Thank you. 

1 answer to this question

Hi @Merchello

On Digital Discovery and ADP3450/3250 the digital IO voltage is adjustable between 1.2V and 3.3V, input logic threshold ~0.5V to ~1.5V
These devices are also equipped with voltage level shifter for 5V input signal compatibility.

The Analog Discovery 2 has fixed 3.3V high digital IO output, logic threshold ~1.5V.
It has optional configurations for 0.5V input logic threshold suitable for 1.2V input signals.
The output voltages can be adapted to 1.2V with external level shifter or resistor voltage divider.

image.thumb.png.18d25a05bc733d1c595df5e936b4b7f2.png

image.thumb.png.b9923570c531310d3055de2d5ff58614.png