shield_dp26_dp41 does not appear in the Board Definition Files

Antonio Fasano

Question

Hi, Guys,

The 16 IO signals shield_dp26_dp41  do not appear in the ARTY-Z7-10 board definition files. They do appear in the ARTY-Z7-10 definition files, though.  All advertisements of the ARTY-Z7-10 boards never said that those pins are non functional on the boards.  Is there a correction for the board definition files that take those pins into consideration ?

Thanks

Antonio

4 answers to this question

Hi @Antonio Fasano,

The reference manual for the Arty Z7 lists these the difference between these variants including the limitations on the available pins here: https://digilent.com/reference/programmable-logic/arty-z7/reference-manual#purchasing_options, with the reason for this being that the -10 variant simply lacking additional PL IO pins (in the form of Bank 13) that the -20 variant SoC has available to it.

The store page has also been updated to more accurately state in the Features tab for the Arduino/chipKIT Shield Connector to say "Up to 49 FPGA Digital I/O for the Z7-20 and 26 FPGA Digital I/O for the Z7-10" rather than the previous statement of "Up to 49 FPGA Digital I/O"

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
JColvin

HI, Jon,

I purchased more than 20 ea of the -10 version because there was no stock of the one I normally use. (-20). without IO . The information was not clear, as it was said on the website that both versions used the Shield Connectors. In fact the -10 units are of no use to me without those pins, because I use them in all my designs.

I would like to exchange the -10 units for the -20 units. Could I trouble you who I should talk to in order to do that ?

Thanks

Antonio

Hi @Antonio Fasano,

The Digilent Sales team would be the best point of contact in terms of discussing returning the products, since I do agree that the information on the store page was unclear about the differences; they have a form that you would be able to fill out here: https://digilent.com/shop/sales-and-order-support/. To be clear, I am not personally able to authorize the return or anything like that, so I do not know what the process will end up looking like (nor do I know the current stock availability).

Thanks,
JColvin