Logic analyzer setup for C2D and C2CK

Jared

Question

Hi,

I am trying to decode the programming signal from a C2D line on an 8 bit SiLabs chip which sends the LSB first. One line is a clock line and the other is a bidirectional data line. I setup using the BUS option in the logic tool with DIO 0 for clock and DIO 1 for data. I noticed in the BUS settings window that I have an option to set LSB and MSB but they appear to be tied or locked to other and off by one. I am a little confused how to use the LSB and MSB setting or exactly what it is doing. Could someone please explain what this is doing and how to set it properly? 

Untitled.jpeg.ce69b41da49e03da032a71a4af1ce65f.jpeg

Also, I noticed that when using the BUS option with DIO 0 and DIO 1 turned on, I actually get DIO 0 showing up twice in the waveforms window. They both display the same clock signal, but one is called clock and the other is DIO 0. Why is this listed twice in the window and what is the significan ce of this? It is a little confusing as to why it is duplicated.

Untitled1.jpeg.dea8655ddf0493c20bb55cdf56206e4e.jpeg

As I was writing this I think I just figured out that using BUS and selecting LSB/MSB is simply saying which data line carries the LSB and MSB of that BUS. Since DIO 0 is just a clock signal, I am wondering if BUS is the incorrect option to use in my case. As a result, I am thinking that maybe I don't want to be using a BUS, but rather SIGNAL instead? I wanted to have waveforms display the HEX from the data, but SIGNAL does not seem to support the HEX display.

Untitled1.jpeg

Edited by Jared
Removed extra image

1 answer to this question