Connector type and brand for ADP3450 Analog Discovery Pro

leonvs

Question

As  a user of an ADP3450 I need to make some cables to connect the digital I/O of the device to different pieces of development hardware.

Unfortunately the 24 pin flywire cable is not available separately at Digilent. The standard flat cable headers I have in stock do not fit. Also I was not able to find them on the internet. Most headers are much wider.

Can someone please tell me the type and brand of those headers and where they can be obtained.

When possible and the information is available, please distributors that can deliver to The Netherlands.

3 answers to this question

Hi @leonvs,

We should have these cables individually available for sale soon (hopefully in the next couple of weeks). If you contact our Sales team, https://digilent.com/shop/sales-and-order-support/, they should be able to offer you an alternative in the meantime.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
JColvin

@JColvin I have the same issue, more or less, as @leonvs.In particular, we're designing some custom hardware to break out the ADP3450 DIO bus to something that can drive 5V with 50 Ohms source impedance into 50 ohms (so 50 mA per channel).

It would be really helpful to know the exact brand and type of the DIO header used; do you have that information available?

Hi @reddish and @leonvs,

I don't have a part number for the male header used on the ADP3540 (or at least wasn't able to find a specific one, all I could find was a generic description), but it's a right angle 2x12 header with 100 mil pitch.

I don't think the cabling itself will be helpful to know about, but I've attached the datasheet for it since I was able to find information on that.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
JColvin

S-N200130-1.pdf