WaveForms glitches

Someone

Question

Hello,

while waiting for my hardware to arrive I play with WaveForms a bit and found some things that don't work out as they should.

I use the 64bit WaveForms 3.16.17 rpm from the beta page on Fedora 27. For my tests I always started it with vanilla settings by deleting static.dwf3

1. On startup the application tells me that no device could be found and presents the "Device Manager" window, in which I select a demo device. When I select DDiscovery, sometimes (not always) a half transparent window "Opening device" stays open. This seems to not happen when I select a different device.

2. I can't select fonts in the options dialog. The application starts with Cantarell and Monospace. Regardless what I do Cantarell stays the same and the script font changes to DejaVu Sans Mono.

3. When I choose the "Dark" style in the options the digital color option also changes from default to dark. When I switch back to another style like "Fusion", the digital color stays dark. This can easily be changed manually, but 2 options changing at the same time confuses at first.

Have a nice day

Stefan

6 answers to this question

Hi @attila,

I see that me looking stupid comes from the fact that the help included in the software differs significantly from the one referenced on the web. See here:

https://digilent.com/reference/software/waveforms/waveforms-3/reference-manual#the_workspace_and_project

The online version now seems way outdated in comparison and I will use the included help from now on.