Analog Discovery 2 - Impedance Analyzer & inductance measurements

longboard

Question

Hello, I have recently purchased an Analog Discovery 2 along with the Impedance Analyzer board. I have been attempting to make inductance measurements on known inductance values to gain experience with the hardware and Waveforms software. I have been using the resource material link at https://reference.digilentinc.com/add-ons/impedance-analyzer/reference-manual.

However I am having some trouble getting believable results for inductance values in the 10uH range. I have tried all possible combinations of the DUT and fixed resistor orientation. I am using the recommended 1kOhm fixed resistance value but have also tried all the other combinations. I have been able to get believable readings when attempting to measure known capacitance values but unfortunately I haven't had much success measuring inductance values. I appreciate any suggestions or additional reading material.

thank you

Sean

4 answers to this question

Thank you very much, the screenshots are very helpful. My problem ended up being that I did not have have the drop down menu set on 'adapter' so the relays were not functioning. Once I selected 'adapter' the relays would function properly as I selected between different resistance values. Are the other options in the same drop down menu used for manual configuration without the impedance board connected?

Thank you

Sean