petalinux permission denied

iyer25

Question

hello all.

question is related to petalinux. I recently changed my version to 2020.2 from 2019.1.
I have message like when I try to create project.

environment: line 57: /home/meghuiyer/.PetaLinux/.PetaLinux_data: Permission denied

what does this mean? I checked on the user manual as well. Its related to permission 755 and ownership. I have given all the permision.

does anyone know how to solve it.

Thanks

2 answers to this question

@iyer25
When you install petalinux make sure you install in a directory owned by your user (not root) also run the installer as normal user (not as su)

If you want to have only one version of petalinux and install in the same directory it be best to remove the previous version and start with a clean directory

If you have installed multiple versions source only one version per terminal.
Also you can remove|rename /home/meghuiyer/.PetaLinux/ and let petalinux to recreate the folder

5 hours ago, Ionel said:

@iyer25
When you install petalinux make sure you install in a directory owned by your user (not root) also run the installer as normal user (not as su)

If you want to have only one version of petalinux and install in the same directory it be best to remove the previous version and start with a clean directory

If you have installed multiple versions source only one version per terminal.
Also you can remove|rename /home/meghuiyer/.PetaLinux/ and let petalinux to recreate the folder

thank you, I got solution and was solved before.