No device detected

davidday47

Question

4 answers to this question

Hi @davidday47,

If the device works just fine on a different computer, then it's unlikely to be a hardware problem. I would probably try the following things:

- Uninstall and reinstall the WaveForms software (choosing to reinstall the Adept software when that pops up during the WaveForms install since that is what is used to communicate with the device)
- A different USB cable (presuming it wasn't the same cable used when using the AD2 between your computer and your colleagues computer)
- Different USB port on your computer.
- See if the Analog Discovery 2 shows up in the Windows Device Manager (should show up as a USB Serial Converter with a "Bus reported device description" of "Digilent USB Device" in the Details tab of when you look at it's Properties).
- Maybe a restart on your computer

Let me know if those troubleshooting steps don't work and I'll see if I can come up with something else to try.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi JColvin,

- I installed and reinstalled couple of times. I also tried different USB ports on different PC.

- It was the same cable when I connected to my colleague's PC.

- Device Manager shows this, I don't see Digilent as manufacturer

image.thumb.png.03790259fc5792e309753ee3e6796918.png

Glad to hear it is working!

For the record, FTDI will always show up as the manufacturer of the driver/serial converter as that is correct. You have to look at the bus reported device description in order to see Diglent's "stamp" (I don't know if this is the correct term).

Thanks,
JColvin

Archived