Analog/Digital discovery maximum count

alexplcguy

Question

We recently had been successfully running on Linux, but for supportability have decided to migrate to windows. 

We have run into an issue connecting all devices. 

It seems we are limited to 10. We are currently trying to connect 12 devices (2 digital discovery boards and 10 analog discovery boards).  They simply do not appear in the waveforms software. Please help.

Thanks.

I will be working with another engineer on resolving the issue: @MarceloNotThePLCguy

2 answers to this question

Hi @alexplcguy

The software should support/detect up to 64 devices at a time but this limit can be increased if there is needed for more.
I just tested with 11 USB devices (connecting all the AD1,2,DD; hubs and cables I could find) plus 1 ethernet device.

See how many "USB serial converters" are detected in the Windows Device Manager.
Connect one device after the other and you should notice if the newly connected is not detected, the list does not increment. In this case try other cable and port.
The devices should have unique serial number allocated during production testing/calibration. I have some prototypes programmed with the same SN and the system merged these in the enumeration.

image.png.b8f5b7fe3f75a6508f91e4d1dc798a32.png

Archived