Flash Part information is not retrieved

sneha

Question

Hi all

So am working on a custom board, which has the SOM part- Mar AX3(has Artix-7, DDR3, Flash) which is the focus. I am trying to store my SDK project on the Flash.

Following reference: https://reference.digilentinc.com/learn/programmable-logic/tutorials/htsspisf/start

I have been going smooth until my Flash device was not recognized when connected to the hardware. I am not able to find any good resource online to further help me resolve the issue. 

xilinx ref: https://www.xilinx.com/html_docs/xilinx2019_1/SDK_Doc/SDK_references/sdk_u_program_flash.html

(but my hardware connection has no problem!!!)

further when I check in debug mode, the microblaze is in reset(unclear). If this a concern, how exactly ?

Am working with Flash for the first time so am not very clear with things. If someone who has worked with Flash and non-zynq fpga (or anyone who understands it) can answer me Il be very grateful. Thank you!

image.thumb.png.408b6fda7edcf4695cb7d0a14d294c2a.png

1 answer to this question

Hi @sneha,

Since it's custom made I'm not sure how much help I'll be compared to the folks on the Xilinx forums that have more experience working with non-specific hardware, but off the top of my head, I would probably check the following:

- Make sure the SPI flash hardware is connected as described in XAPP586.
- While in Vivado (as opposed to SDK/Vitis), confirm that you can add your flash memory device. Chapter 6 of UG908 goes into detail on how to do this (you can change the URL to change what version of Vivado you are referencing). Short answer is select device in the Hardware Manager, right click and select Add Memory Configuration device
- Presuming you are able to add the flash device, I would confirm you can load basic hdl (non-SDK) designs to the flash memory
- Make sure your Microblaze isn't held in constant reset (could be a problem depending if the reset pins do not match state, i.e. active low vs active high)
- SDK, from my understanding, get all of it's connection information from Vivado when it imports the hardware definition file so if Vivado can connect to the flash successfully, then SDK should follow suit.

Thanks,
JColvin

Archived