Digilent Adept2 on BeagleBone

Josef

Question

Hello everyone,

firstly excuse me, if I put question in incorrect forum section, but I would like to ask someone if it is possible to use Digilent JTAG cable for programming CPLD on BeagleBone with Debian Linux, it is also armhf architecture like Raspberry PI, but when I tried to install runtime and utilities .deb packages there was some errors on depending libraries, when I tried to execute djtgcfg command. I would like to try older versions (because I believe that only could be caused by Debian version from 2017 year and actually I don't want update it), but download links for older versions doesn't actually work and leads me only on some XML file with error. :-(

<Error>
<Code>NoSuchKey</Code>
<Message>The specified key does not exist.</Message>
<Key>Software/Adept2 Runtime/2.16.5/digilent.adept.runtime_2.16.5-armhf.deb</Key>
<RequestId>4C2ECA9F92D2E3F2</RequestId>
<HostId>7NGtYbJUh8NRUyjMDNbkh9N2cexdHbN/1j1nI8T9utvCW4XDJCvB9JD33D2tctGCRpwl6OMqFN8=</HostId>
</Error>

Thank anyone in advance for response

Best regards

Josef K.

1 answer to this question

Hi @Josef,

I was looking at the old history of the page and it looks like the oldest version (2.16.5) was added after the link for the 2.16.6 ARM version for the Raspberry Pi already existed, so I think what may have happened is that a non-existent link was mistakenly added. I don't have ready access to the file server to check to see if the file actually exists or not unfortunately. The 2.16.6 version does seem to successfully download though.

As a general note though, know that most of the Digilent JTAG cables (I'm not sure which one you have) aren't compatible with the 9500 series CPLDs if you happen to be using one of those.

Thanks,
JColvin

Archived