P32MX4?? Native USB operation

kdrewlo

Question

I am attempting to develop a routine based on two example projects.  Based on a Wire I2C master read and Custom USB HID native operation.  I have decided to use the newer Arduino tool kit and have attempted to compile these examples with MPIDE, UECIDE without any luck.   It appears as if I can get the Wire to compile, don't know if it works?  When I attempt to compile CustomHID.pde I see issues that I don't understand, below. 

Arduino: 1.6.8 (Windows 7), Board: "PIC32 Pinguino"

C:\Users\Ken\AppData\Local\Temp\build2ee4b577e1509cd794bdb52531edd480.tmp/core\core.a(HardwareSerial_usb.c.o): In function `__vector_dispatch_45':

c:/users/ken/appdata/local/arduino15/packages/chipkit/hardware/pic32/1.0.1/cores/pic32/hardwareserial_usb.c:(.vector_45+0x0): multiple definition of `__vector_dispatch_45'

libraries\chipKITUSBDevice\utility\usb_device.c.o:c:/users/ken/documents/arduino/libraries/chipkitusbdevice/utility/usb_device.c:(.vector_45+0x0): first defined here

c:\users\ken\appdata\local\arduino15\packages\chipkit\tools\pic32-tools\4.8.3-pic32gcc\bin\bin\gcc\pic32mx\4.8.3\..\..\..\..\bin/pic32-ld.exe: function at exception vector 45 too large

c:\users\ken\appdata\local\arduino15\packages\chipkit\tools\pic32-tools\4.8.3-pic32gcc\bin\bin\gcc\pic32mx\4.8.3\..\..\..\..\bin/pic32-ld.exe: Link terminated due to previous error(s).

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 255 exit status

exit status 255
Error compiling for board PIC32 Pinguino.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Here is a compile with a MX4cK board.

Arduino: 1.6.8 (Windows 7), Board: "Cerebot MX4cK"

Build options changed, rebuilding all
libraries\chipKITUSBDevice\utility\usb_device.c.o: In function `USBDeviceAttach':

c:/users/ken/documents/arduino/libraries/chipkitusbdevice/utility/usb_device.c:2866: undefined reference to `INTEnableSystemMultiVectoredInt'

c:/users/ken/documents/arduino/libraries/chipkitusbdevice/utility/usb_device.c:2866: undefined reference to `INTEnableInterrupts'

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 255 exit status

exit status 255
Error compiling for board Cerebot MX4cK.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Where am I going wrong?

Ken

4 answers to this question

Hi Ken,

After doing some digging I found the CustomHID.pde file and it seems, at least according to the comments from KeithV, that this sketch and it's associated library will only work for the chipKIT Max32 using the chipKIT Network Shield. I presume then that it (unfortunately) will not be functional with either the PIC32 Pinguino or the MX4cK board.

Some of the other USB sketches may work since they do not appear to have this disclaimer, but I do not know this for certain.

Thanks,
JColvin

JColvin

A little history, I built a proof of concept version of this product.  Included are two servo motors, photometer, Windows LabView app, a Cerbot MX4ck board.  The firmware was constructed of examples of Servo motor driver, Wire for the I2C photometer, CustomHID for the USB interface.  This all operated I was from time to time able to compile the project with Mpide and Uecid.  Because of my newbie status I was always dealing with what library was I using as some libraries did not function correctly.  Once the proof of concept version was demonstrated I moved to creating a custom board, I chose the basic design similar to the Pinguino board because it's processor was of the P23MX4xxFxxx family and had a chance of the USB interface to work like the MX4ck board.  Earlier I looked at a Fubrino board and found there was no support for the internal USB interface operating in native mode and no plans to repair it.  When I upgraded to Uecid their latest version so as to include the Pinguno board I lost the formula.  I could not get the MX4ck or the Pinguno to compile with any of the Uecid and Mpide tools.  Next and maybe incorrectly I decided to move to Arduino tools with the hope that developers were working on issues including library connections.  Above is where I am at now.

Somehow I got of the rails?  Maybe you can suggest a way to start clean and then more less start over with the firmware?  Maybe I can offer a DropBox page where you can get this example to compile?

Ken

JColvin

At the top of the project is a comment from KeithV

/************************************************************************/
/*  Module Description:                         */
/*                                    */
/*    This library is explicity targeting the chipKIT Max32        */
/*    PIC32MX795F512L MCU using chipKIT Network Shield             */
/*    It exposes the Microchip USB Device Library                     */        
/*    for use with MPIDE sketches                    */
/*                                    */

As you stated above but it still will not compile clean, it comes up with the same basic errors.  

Where could I find another example that might work?

Ken

Archived