Electronics Explorer board not detected

bjackson

Question

I have a model G Electronics Explorer board that is not detected at all in the Windows Device Manager.  I have tried three different computers, but none of them detects the board as a USB device.  The yellow and red LEDs are both on, and I am using a known good USB cable.  I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this, since Waveforms can't even see the device.  This board previously worked - not sure what changed.  How do I diagnose this?

3 answers to this question

Yes, I have read all the EE posts.  In my situation, the board is not detected at all by the Windows device manager.  I have tried three different computers with the same result.  The red and yellow LEDs are both on, but the Ready LED is off.  Any ideas on how to pursue this?

Hi @bjackson

It could be an issue with the USB connection or socket.
Try using original or other micro USB cable you have by hand, inspect the USB connector for broken pad or internal connection plate.

The eeprom altering should not happen on revG, H but if there is no problem with the USB connection you could try cutting the trace between JP1200.
This way the USB controller should be detected as Cypress device.
Soldering a jumper and connecting header only after powering the device it should be able to reprogram the eeprom with the DigilentFX2Repair app.

See the following post:

Archived