Nexys 4 FPGA board

Bilal_Ahmad

Question

Hi all,

I am using Nexys 4 FPGA board, facing a problem in Vivado 2016.1.

After Bitstream generation, Hardware manager could not detect the target board. The error is "ERROR: [Labtoolstcl 44-469] There is no current hw_target.". 

The screenshot is also attached and error is highlighted.

I have reinstalled FTDI drivers once again. 

any other suggestion to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Bilal Ahmad

Problem.PNG

18 answers to this question

Hello,

You need to be using the PROG usb connection directly next to the external power input on the board. I have included a picture of how the board should be connected when programming. If you need the uart you will need to then use the uart usb connection above JP3.

cheers,

Jon

20160919_115449.jpg

zedboard_esc1.jpg

Hello jpeyron,

Thank you for your reply. I am using windows 10.  According to the VCU118 manual for JTAG connectivity, the switch SW16 set to be  0101 positions. I have done accordingly. 

I have also tried by changing the USB drivers to digilent drivers (snapshot attached here).  But still, vivado is not recognizing the board. 

On the same PC, I was able to program a Spartan-6 device using ISE.

Many Thanks

Q3.JPG

Hi @CKV,

What OS are you using. If you are using linux there is more to the set up like manually installing the cable drivers. I would check basic thinks like the jumpers being set correctly I.E. the mode, making sure the usb cable does data as well. We do not have a VCU118 board. I would suggest to reach out to Xilinx for support on this board since we do not have or support this board hereHere is the VCU118 Evaluation Board User Guide as well.

thank you,

Jon

Hello Shashi,

The usb-jtag allows you to Accesses PL JTAG.  The USB 2.0 FS USB-UART bridge is for uart communication. The USB OTG 2.0 can be used for multiple things when embedded linux is installed like Petalinux here . You could use the usb otg for a thumb drive or a usb keyboard. 

cheers,

Jon

On 5/6/2016 at 7:25 PM, Sergiu said:

You are welcome.

Hi Sergiu.., I have the same problem as Bilal mentioned. But i have a zed board. And i reinstalled drivers manually as suggested by you and the install drivers option is checked while installing vivado 2016.2.. but still the problem persists.

I m programming the Zed board through USB UART and connected to power supply..the board is recognized under com port in device manager.... i have not inserted the SD card etc

what else can i do ..what is the problem 

Please try manually installing the cable drivers. You can find them in the Vivado installation folder. In my case, they are located here:

C:\Xilinx\Vivado\2015.3\data\xicom\cable_drivers\nt64

You can find instructions on how to install them here. You could also run "install_digilent.exe" from the "digilent" folder also found at the location from above.

Let me know if this helps.

1 hour ago, Sergiu said:

Hi,

Is the board turned on and working (power LED on) ? Is the board recognized by the computer properly ? Please check the Device Manager and see how it appears there.

Sergiu 

Hi Sergiu,

First of all thanks for replying.

Power led is ON and other led's are blinking. In the Device manager COM port is working fine. I and using Vivado 2016.1 operating system window 8.1 64bit.

Archived