ZYNQ FPGA Hardware Debugging

Faisal Saleem

Question

Hello all,

I have designed customized of ZYNQ 7000 series SOC(zedboard FPGA)  board for my application .

One thing which i have forgotten is PL Crystal on PCB is missing in my design.Now i have try to connect my customized board with vivado hardware manager it detected and programmed with generated bit file.After programmed it does not showing any action on board even single LED is not showing without clock.

I have also try to programmed the only PS part of ZYNQ through SDK when i have entered in debug mode it shows memory write error.

what are the possible reason of such problems?

Is there any method in which i can debug my problem?

Regards,

Thanks 

77472e96-f255-4cf9-adce-739fdaa9b0f4.jpg

2 answers to this question

Hello all,

I have solved my problem by following xilinx forum 

Turns out that the problem was the current limit setting of my power supply. I had set it to 500mA which was not enough at startup for the FPGA to work. After setting it to 1A, I have never encountered this problem. Please set your power supply to 1A because it takes for short time and not seen on supply.

Thanks  

Hi @Faisal Saleem,

I apologize for the delay. Thank you for sharing what you found; some designs do require more power than is typically provided by a USB port (especially at startup where the current draw is the highest). With most Digilent provided projects you can get away with just using the 500 mA supply, though it will never hurt to use an external power supply in case more power is needed.

Thanks,
JColvin

Archived