New member saying hi

auee92

Hey everybody, new guy on the forums. I bought some Zynq-7000 based boards for my team and decided to go ahead and sign up and maybe learn some new stuff from you guys. I've been in electronics design since 92, working in all sorts of fields (military, commercial, automotive, avionics, academia) for some big companies (Boeing, Motorola, Philips Semiconductor) and some small companies (Nichols Research, Elesys, Universal Avionics) doing all sorts of fun things. Not really doing a lot of design right now, but I manage a team of guys doing a lot of design. We are mainly the ASIC/FPGA group at my company, designing logic for avionics systems, and doing DO-254 based validation and verification trying to keep the FAA & EASA happy.

I do like to fiddle around with some home/hobby projects from time-to-time, though. Right now I'm working on a robust temperature probe for my grill that'll be able to withstand all the abuse I can give it and still send messages to my phone about the status of my pork butt I'm smoking. I'm also working out the conceptual design of a fermentation monitor that'll keep track of specific gravity and let me know when my beer is ready and what it thinks the ABV is. Anybody working on topics like these please reach out and let's compare notes!

Hi @auee92,

Welcome to the Forums!

I haven't seen anything quite like what you are doing on the forums, though this thread here where a user was using the impedance analyzer feature of the Analog Discovery 2 to measure the impedance of beer over time while it was fermenting may be of interest to you.

Thanks,
JColvin

Archived