Program AES keys into BBRAM

HasanWAVE

Question

Hello,

I am using a ARTY Z7 digilent board with xc7020 zynq core. I am trying to program AES keys into the BBRAM. I am following the Secure Boot of Zynq-7000 SoC application document provided by Xilinx. It is using the secure key driver provided by Xilinx. It is not working. What I understand from it is that there has to be a physical printed connected coming out from MIO pins to the JTAG pins. I checked the ARTY Z7 schematic, and I couldn't find the pin connection. I may have missed something. Can you tell me how can I program AES keys into the BBRAM ?

Regards,

Hasan

1 answer to this question

Hi @HasanWAVE,

Those of us here at Digilent have not worked with AES or have done a secure boot on a Zynq-7000. I took a look at the document from Xilinx and confirmed that program the eFUSE in the PL you do need MIO pins connected to the JTAG pins which the Arty Z7 board does not have connected. You might be able to instead put the AES keys into BBRAM, but I'm not certain how to do that, though it looks like you might be able to do it through the Vivado Hardware Manager. The Arty Z7 does have Vcc-Batt enabled at 1.8V so it is possible to use it, though again, none of us at Digilent have done this.

Thanks,
JColvin

Archived