Using NI USB 6001 with LabVIEW Home bundle

rickwills

Question

Hi

I just purchased LabVIEW Home Bundle.  I have a old working NI USB 6001.  It works with NI-MAX but I can't seem to get the LabVIEW Home Bundle to acquire data from the 6001.It appears that there is no way to acquire the USB device.  The computer is a Dell Latitude E7440 running Windows 10. I checked the  Functions/Express/Input folder.  

Is Home bundle simply dumbed down?  I have a copy of LabVIEW 2013 on a old Samsung laptop running Windows 7 and in the same Functions/Express/Input folder there is a icon called DAQ Assist.  DAQ Assist automatically sets up the connection for the USB device.. 

Is there any way to acquire data from an NI USB board using Home Bundle?  My rocket club wants to use this to measure model rocket motor thrust on a small test stand we are building.

Thanks,

Rick

1 answer to this question

Hi @rickwills,

I don't have any NI USB boards to test this for myself, but based on this thread, I think you will just need to find the correct driver for them as the LabVIEW Home Bundle probably doesn't have that driver pre-installed for you. And to clarify, LabVIEW Home has the same features as LabVIEW full (not a reduced set like the LabVIEW Student edition); the limitations instead come in the form of licensing (Home Edition Addendum and NI General Purpose Software License links) and the fact that not every extra module is compatible with the Home Edition, such as the FPGA module not being compatible with it.

Thanks,
JColvin

Archived