Waveforms SDK 32bit, dlls missing

Thore

Question

Hello,

In my company we plan using the AD2 as an Test Equipment. First I used Labview 2018 64bit for my IDE and imported the 64bit dwf.dll from Waveforms 64bit. Due to many HW Drivers for other equipment doesn't work with 64bit Labview, I switched to 32bit Labview. When I want to use the 32bit dwf.dll, It says the libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll is missing.

Can anybody confirm this problem?

2 answers to this question

Hi @Thore

For both 32 and 64 bit custom application just use the dwf.dll located in system32 directory, systems32/dwf.dll

The WaveForm windows installer sets up both 32 and 64 bit builds of dwf.dll (WF runtime) in system32.
The OS visualizes this folder. There are basically two folders System32/SysWOW64 and based on 32 or 64 bit application accesses it will show the suitable one.
Accessing systems32/dwf.dll from 32bit app will give you the 32bit variant and from 64bit app the 64bit one.

The 32/64bit variants of WaveForms installer refers to the WF application architecture. The WF runtime is 32/64bit.

Do not use the dwf.dll from ProgramFiles/Digilent/WaveForms3 directory, since this depends on Qt (and minGW) libraries.

Archived