WareForms Feature suggestions

attila

Question

I've got the following email:

"Please see the following points as suggestion from a very satisfied user:

Application start
There should be an application default workspace where I can configure the settings of the modules when the application starts without loading a workspace (eg. I want always to have the signal noise off and the line width set to 1 when I start a new scope session.

Scope Presets
It would be great to have some „Preset Buttons“ somewhere where I could very fast save/restore the settings of all visible window parts (eg. Analog signals, digital signals, fft, colors, …)

Imagine you have a 1.2kBaud and a 19.2kBaud USART Signal and a system clock @8MHz connected to he scope, then you always have to scale the time to analyse the slow signal, and change back to analyse the fast signal. If you need a specific scale  that could not be set by the mouse Wheel, you have to type that scale every time you want to step back/forward.
Additionally the buttons could have shortkeys (eg. Alt-1, Alt-2, or so…)

Duplication of the two analog signals to a digital signals.
When analyzing a digital signal it somtimes is helpful to see artifacts on the signal, so I need to duplicate the singal by hardware wiring to analog and digital, so the wiring setup becomes a little bit messy.
I don’t know if you can auto detect the hysteresis levels for Hi and Lo, or if this used to be set manually."

1 answer to this question

Application start
There should be an application default workspace where I can configure the settings of the modules when the application starts without loading a workspace (eg. I want always to have the signal noise off and the line width set to 1 when I start a new scope session.

The default plot width can be set under Settings/Options.
I will add default option for Noise. However, I consider this function very useful, it can highlight glitches or higher frequency components than with the current sampling rate/time base would be unnoticed/hidden. At the moment "Acquire Noise" can be unchecked, for all channels, under Scope Options.

image.png.1de7b00beb9f7f92ae5575147adffe82.pngimage.png.6f20e8adc04922ca11c18ad048a5cf0f.png

Scope Presets
It would be great to have some „Preset Buttons“ somewhere where I could very fast save/restore the settings of all visible window parts (eg. Analog signals, digital signals, fft, colors, …)
Imagine you have a 1.2kBaud and a 19.2kBaud USART Signal and a system clock @8MHz connected to he scope, then you always have to scale the time to analyse the slow signal, and change back to analyse the fast signal. If you need a specific scale  that could not be set by the mouse Wheel, you have to type that scale every time you want to step back/forward.
Additionally the buttons could have shortkeys (eg. Alt-1, Alt-2, or so…)

I’m not sure how to add such preset option to be easy to understand and to use... but the following could be a substitute for your needs:
You can open multiple instruments, like Scope 1, 2, 3 with different setup, channels, views, trigger...
The time base can be quickly adjusted with the mouse wheel on the plot and/or scale, depending on the setting.  Ctrl key speeds and Shift shows down up the change, the Alt key selects between rage or offset adjustment with mouse.
The mouse wheel is also working on the combo-box and numeric fields of the application, you don‘t have to type or open the combo-box.

image.thumb.png.1ffc9b3abc95e445443164bb34c24dcd.png

After one Ctrl key + mouse wheel step:
image.thumb.png.60c3cef9135612c808cd601baaa5256e.png

Duplication of the two analog signals to a digital signals.
When analyzing a digital signal it somtimes is helpful to see artifacts on the signal, so I need to duplicate the singal by hardware wiring to analog and digital, so the wiring setup becomes a little bit messy.
I don’t know if you can auto detect the hysteresis levels for Hi and Lo, or if this used to be set manually.

The analog to digital option is on the wishlist, but here it should be noted that the analog/digital buffer sizes, input bandwidths, propagation delays… are different. The result could be misleading.
At the moment the Scope can be used in mixed mode and digital data used in custom math channel.

image.thumb.png.00ddff23fe113075d70a7fca4e0851b1.png

Archived