WF32 chipKit not staying connected to wifi

vwone

Question

Hi all,

I am running into an issue with my new wf32 board. I am running labview home edition and I am connecting to the board for two or three minuets at a time and then the program looses connection to the board. When it looses the connection I am getting the 5001 error and then a 5003 when I try to reconnect.

I am using a ext 12volt 3 amp power supply with the latest firmware loaded on to the board. To reconnect, I have to let the board sit for a few minuets with no power and then I can reconnect for two - five minuets.

Also I am just using the example that is launched once the firmware is loaded. It just blinks the I/O pin 13 LED.

Has anyone else seen this or know what I could change?

Thanks!

1 answer to this question

Hi vwone,

I'm sorry for not getting back to you earlier. Since you are using LabVIEW Home Edition and (presumably) LabVIEW MakerHub LINX to communicate to the WF32 I looked around on the MakerHub Forums to see what I could find. A common theme I ended up seeing was that LabVIEW MakerHub LINX was usually competing with a computer's USB connection to the WF32 so that could be a potential problem.

Otherwise my thought was that perhaps voltage regulator on the board was overheating from the external power supply, but after looking through the datasheet I do not think this is the case; you would see the board turning on and off fairly quickly and not need to keep the board powered off.

My last thought is that you are not getting a stable WiFi connection so the connection is patchy, but that's hard to debug (at least for me).

Either way, I would recommend posting further questions on the LabVIEW MakerHub Forums under the LINX section.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks,
JColvin

Archived