UARTLITE

rase

Question

Hi!

I have a doubt above UARTLITE. Wich is the function of pin UART?

I have an idea, but i'm not shure. The pin UART (USB_UART) is the conexion with FPGA (NEXYS VIDEO) with PC by means of a cable.

However, if i have a wrong. Could you help me, please?.

Regards.

1 answer to this question

Hi @rase,

Welcome to the Digilent forums!

Here is the resource center for the Nexys Video

1) The usb uart bridge is constrained by the board files and usable through the board tab in the block design.

2) If you are not wanting to use the board files but rather the add the uartlite ip core from  the add ip button instead of the board files tab then you would want to use the xdc here. You right click on the uart bus and select make external.

3) Then after you have finish with the block design and have created a wrapper you will want to constrain the uart signals in the wrapper to the xdc file you will need to add to the project. You will want to alter the uart_rx_out and the uart_tx_in to the names used in the wrapper. Also the tx in and rx out is in reference to the PC and not the Nexys Video.

## UART

#set_property -dict { PACKAGE_PIN AA19 IOSTANDARD LVCMOS33 } [get_ports { uart_rx_out }]; #IO_L15P_T2_DQS_RDWR_B_14 Sch=uart_rx_out

#set_property -dict { PACKAGE_PIN V18 IOSTANDARD LVCMOS33 } [get_ports { uart_tx_in }]; #IO_L14P_T2_SRCC_14 Sch=uart_tx_in

best regards,

Jon

Archived