Logic Detector as trigger in Scope. Is it possible?

m72

Question

Hello!

Can be "Logic Detector" added to trigger menu in "Scope" instrument?
I use this workaround in WaveForms V3.11.7 (beta, Windows, 64 bit):
1. In AD2 settings set "Trigger 1" to "Logic Detector"
2. In "Scope" use "Trigger 1" as trigger.

With best regards, Mikhail.

1.png

2.png

3.png

Hello!

WF 3.16.34, Windows 7 x64, Digital Discovery

New features are very pretty.

- Logic Analyzer:
    - Add tab with visible data
    - Data view menu with set first/muddle/last options

1. I think it would be a good idea to duplicate "set first / set last" in the dropdown menu in the graphical view for selecting the fragment. Like a "Start %protocol% from here".
Selecting by resizing the visible area or via data view works well but is not very user-friendly.

2. I would like to know the current hardware configuration when using the script. I often use configuration #4 (large logic buffers) to work with the AD2, but sometimes I forget to switch to it.

3. Oops... It seems that "Start %protocol% from here" does not work properly in 3.16.34. I tested it with I2C.
3.a. Must it work with custom decoders? It is simply needed to pass to decoder rgData starting from selectected sample.
P.S.
I have checked one more time. After the measurement "Start from here" works fine. But after resizing timeline it does not. It works again if I set the paramenters Position & Base as at measure.
Also some problems can be with the first sample that can be taken from previuous buffer.

Edited by m72
add P.S.

Hi @m72

1. It is added for the next version.

2. You could use workspace which also stores the used device and configuration.
In script use "Device.configuration" which returns the 0 based index of the current configuration, like 3 for 4th

3. The "start from" will be fixed in the next software version.

Thank you for the observations

Hello!

WF 3.16.35, Windows 7 x64, Digital Discovery (Demo)

1. When I press "Start I2C from here" to the right of the marker I2C decoder works fine. When to the left of the marker the decoder skips first packet "27WR|09". First data samples are erroneous: SCL = 0, SDA = 1.
2. I am not GUI designer. But I propose to set "green markers" for "set first"/"set last" which will be keeping in any time scale. This will be good for delicate cutting of long sequences. I.e. when it is need to cut +/-one bit on the 1kb base.

test01.png

test01.dwf3work

Hi @m72

If the first part of the communication is not captured (or the "start here" is set in middle of) it is normal to have error in interpretation:
image.thumb.png.40b078826104f6843d85ed269ac2b514.png

The start here was actually added to be able to resync continuous UART transfer but it can be used for other protocols too:
image.thumb.png.33fdf2343c7a482f8299f73859ef9059.png

Hello! 

In the file "test01.dwf3work" you can see the error. Maybe this is because the "start time" to the left of the marker is negative.
The first correct sequence “27WR | 09" (between -400 µs and -50 µs) will disappear when "Start I2C from here" is selected at -400 µs.

test02.png

test03.png

test01.dwf3work

Hello!

Can you add more labels to the frequency axis? Intervals [1.1...2.9 MHz] and [1.9MHz...2.1MHz] looks the same. I think 5-10 labels based on the current span (for example 2.1-1.9 = 0.2 MHz => step 0.02 MHz) will be good.

labels.png

Edited by m72

Hello!

WF 3.18.45, Windows 7 x64, Digital Discovery

1. The template is displayed incorrectly when the delay is less than the window.

2. Not a big deal. Recording percentage is strange when the trigger position is around 90%. I think this is percentage of the "tail after trigger" not of all record..

pattern.png

logic_set.png

logic.png

record_test.dwf3work

Hello! 

WF 3.18.52, Windows 7 x64, Digital Discovery

Issue with custom pattern when it repeats counted times.

First element of pattern is shorter by 20 ns than needed.

There is a glitch of 10 ns at the end of the last element when value of the first element is different than idle.

It does not depend of pattern clock frequency.

glitch3.png

glitch4.png

Edited by m72

Hello! 

I try to use AD2 and DD via USB isolator 480Mbit/s. As power source for Discoveries I use RECOM RS6-0505S, 6 W, 5 V, 1.2 A. DD works well but AD2 sometimes can not start with PLL errors. 
I have check power consumption (yellow line) with 0.1 Ohm resistor (10 X) as current shunt and see that at AD2 programming takes up to 1 A. There is no such inrush current when DD starts. With external power inrush current for AD2 is about 0.5 A and there is no problems at all.

PLLfailed1.png

PLLfailed2.png

PLLfailed3.png

AD2programming.png

AD2programmingext.png

DDprogramming.png

Hello!

WaveForms crashes. Version 3.19.29. Windows 7 x64.

1. Start WaveForms
2. Choose any DEMO Discovery (I found this with DDiscovery).
3. Open Protocol tab
4. Choose SWD
5. Select Master tab
6. Execute it one time
7. Choose CEC

There is no crashes with connected Digital Discovery (not demo).

P.S.
Please do not ask me how I found this. :-)

Edited by m72

Hello!

WaveForms version 3.19.35. Windows 10 x64.

1. Can not select dual AD2 when one AD2 is green and second AD2 is  blue (NI edition). With two green AD2 works well.

2. In status bar names of AD shown correctly. But serial numbers in are identical (one of this is doubled).

With best regard, Mikhail.
P.S.
It is a pity that no overclock selection 125 MHz for 1Gs/s on Digital Discovery.

Edited by m72

Hello!

I am very happy with latest version of WF 3.20.22. "Scope to Digital" is very great and expected option. :-) Please add "invert" check box for conversion. I.e. when level is greater than threshold value the digital channel is zero.

scopedigital.png