Logic Detector as trigger in Scope. Is it possible?

m72

Question

Hello!

Can be "Logic Detector" added to trigger menu in "Scope" instrument?
I use this workaround in WaveForms V3.11.7 (beta, Windows, 64 bit):
1. In AD2 settings set "Trigger 1" to "Logic Detector"
2. In "Scope" use "Trigger 1" as trigger.

With best regards, Mikhail.

1.png

2.png

3.png

Hello!

WaveForms 3.21.27, Digital Discovery.

When trying to turn on the power supply, this error appears and WaveForms tries to reconnect to the device.
But same setup works fine with the previous version of WaveForms 3.21.26.

DD_error.png

Posted (edited)

Hello!

WaveForms 3.22.15, AD2 & AD3

Buffer accumulation in the oscilloscope does not work.
Immediately after selecting an oscilloscope, the buffers are filled to the specified amount as provided. After each change of scale, movement of a curve, etc. the number of the scanned buffer is reset.

After this sequence, the capture of several buffers stops. The counter shows a maximum of 1-2-3 buffers.
1. View digital
2. Digitizer: analog only.
3. Add: UART Sс С1 with default parameters.
4. Connect valid source of UART signal to channel 1.
After this, you can do whatever you want, but the number of captured buffers will be constantly reset. You can close Digital view or so on.

But if you remove the UART from the list of decoders everything works as it should again. Another strange thing is that this seems to happen only with UART decoder when valid sequence occurs. If the UART signal is always zero, the buffers are counted correctly.

Edited by m72

Hello!

Digital Discovery, Windows 10 x64, WF 3.22.20 and above

The base frequency is not controlled.
1. Base frequency 100 MHz. Pattern generator. 1 kHz clock. The multimeter shows 1.000 kHz.
2. Set the base frequency to 80 MHz.
3. The multimeter shows 1.250 kHz.

It is very strange. I am sending "U" (0x55) via UART 115200 8N1.
I checked it on two DDs - the result is the same.
With version 3.22.19 everything works fine.

P.S.
After several reconnections everything worked fine with 3.22.24. But the result is unstable.

1.png

2.png

3.png

Edited by m72

I also tried 2 DDs but I can't reproduce it.
In 3.22.20 direct trigger on any DIO/DIN was added to the device configuration.
If it was a timing issue, it should show up at higher frequencies, but it seems to work even overclocked to 125MHz.

This frequency adjustment is useful if you want to generate or capture at high rate which is not derivable from 100MHz, like to generate 40, 48MHz... use 80MHz or 96Mhz or capture at 640MHz and not at 800, 400MHz...

The effect appears and disappears when the DD is reconnected. It looks like there should be a long pause before reconnecting. More than 10 seconds. Then something inside the DD is completely discharged and it starts in normal mode. If the pause is less than 5 seconds, then how lucky.
With version 3.22.19 this effect does not occur at all.

Edited by m72

This seems to be USB cable contact issue, at least the same error is generated on disconnect.
Do you see device re-connect event in the system when this error shows up ?
Have you tried to use a different port, cable ?
I've never seen problem related to this, but I'll try to rebuild the configuration with stricter communication constrains for the next software version.

Apparently I didn't describe the situation very clearly.
The DD is constantly connected to the computer and they turn on simultaneously. The cable is good, tested over the years. It even works with AD2, which has more stringent power requirements at the start.
Recently I needed a base frequency other than 100 MHz and I noticed this oddity. DD was on the wire from the moment the computer was turned on. Thinking that the problem was in the cable, I started reconnecting the DD to different USB ports. The problem appeared and disappeared randomly. Being in another place, I discovered the same effect with other DDs, a computer, a different version of Windows and a cable.
Then, out of habit, I tried to roll back WaveForms several versions back and found that with version 3.22.19 everything works fine in any combination. I even tried to reinstall the WF without changing the circuit or reconnecting the DD and the effect disappeared if I rolled back to 3.22.19 and returned with the installation of 3.22.24.
And only on the third day I caught a pattern in one place: a short disconnection of the wire is a failure, a long one is the norm.
In the video, I manually reconnect the DD to the same USB port. The pattern is so clear that I shot the video almost the second time.
However, on another computer, reconnecting does not change anything. Base frequency only works correctly with version 3.22.19.