MPLAB for Digilent  Pro MX7 installation

icyorange

Question

Hi, I got a new Digilent  Pro MX7. Right now i am trying to install MPLAB X-v3.65 and XC32-v1.31 compiler. But when I plug the board to PC through USB and create a new project, select correct device (Family: 32-bit MCUs PIC32, Device: PIC32MX795F512L) and hit NEXT, I can't see the serial number of my board shown at Select Tool. I have been struggling for the whole day, am I using the wrong version of the software? I tried the newest one (MPLAB X-v5.15) too, but still have the same problem.

image.png

3 answers to this question

Hi @icyorange,

Welcome to the Digilent Forums!

Here is the resource center for the Pro MX7.

In the Pro MX 7 reference manual  found in the resource center and linked here section 1.1 Using the Digilent Pro MX7 with Microchip Development Tools states that the

"The licensed debugger interface uses USB connector J15, labeled DEBUG. Connector J15 is a USB micro-B connector located on the left side of the board below the Ethernet RJ45 connector. Use a USB-A to micro-B cable (provided with the board) to connect to an available USB port on the PC." 

Is the power jumper set to debug?

Does the Pro MX 7 power Led(LD4) turn on?

best regards,

Jon

Just now, jpeyron said:

Hi @icyorange,

Welcome to the Digilent Forums!

Here is the resource center for the Pro MX7.

In the Pro MX 7 reference manual  found in the resource center and linked here section 1.1 Using the Digilent Pro MX7 with Microchip Development Tools states that the

"The licensed debugger interface uses USB connector J15, labeled DEBUG. Connector J15 is a USB micro-B connector located on the left side of the board below the Ethernet RJ45 connector. Use a USB-A to micro-B cable (provided with the board) to connect to an available USB port on the PC." 

Is the power jumper set to debug?

Does the Pro MX 7 power Led(LD4) turn on?

best regards,

Jon

Thanks Jon, I just figured it out. The switch is on, but the jumper was set at a wrong position. Thank you.

Archived