upgrade Vivado 2018.2 tutorial to Vivado 2018.3

Jubullu22

Question

Hello,

I am trying to get a digilent audio storage tutorial (https://github.com/Digilent/Nexys-A7-100T-DMA-Audio) that was written for Vivado 2018.2 to work on Vivado 2018.3.  I am getting the following errors when trying to run synthesis:

[Synth 8-448] named port connection 'PWM_AUDIO_0_en' does not exist for instance 'design_1_i' of module 'design_1' ["C:/FPGA/AudioTutorial/AudioTutorial.srcs/sources_1/imports/hdl/design_1_wrapper.v":174]

[Synth 8-448] named port connection 'PWM_AUDIO_0_pwm' does not exist for instance 'design_1_i' of module 'design_1' ["C:/FPGA/AudioTutorial/AudioTutorial.srcs/sources_1/imports/hdl/design_1_wrapper.v":175]

[Synth 8-6156] failed synthesizing module 'IOBUF' ["C:/Xilinx/Vivado/2018.3/scripts/rt/data/unisim_comp.v":23615]

[Synth 8-6156] failed synthesizing module 'design_1_wrapper' ["C:/FPGA/AudioTutorial/AudioTutorial.srcs/sources_1/imports/hdl/design_1_wrapper.v":12]

I think my issue is that the module fifo2audpwm_0 block has two outputs (aud_en and aud_pwm) that are not connected to anything in the block diagram and I am not sure where they are supposed to connect.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2 answers to this question

Archived