Zybo Z7-20 PCAM Demo

Aaron2

Question

Using Vivado 2017.4, Zybo Z7-20 with PCAM 5C

I've been using the following guide (and every other related guide) so far: https://forum.digilentinc.com/topic/16834-zybo-z7-20-pcam-demo-unimplementable-on-vivado-20174/

I encountered most of the same problems and resolved them with solutions listed there, and at the end came up against a new problem that prevented me from successfully using the PCAM demo. After a bit of research and testing, I've isolated the problem to two places.

Potential issue #1: Synthesis shows use of 0 resources, and comes up with critical warnings for all ila components in MIPI_D_PHY_RX_0 and MIPI_CSI_2_RX IP modules. Implementation then comes up with resource usage short of what is mentioned in the above linked thread. 6902 LUT, 9590FF, 10.5BRAM, 0 URAM, 0 DSP. I really can't say if this is related to the ultimate issue or not as I'm too new to FPGA programming, but from what I do understand, this suggests that something is being ignored during synthesis/implementation due to the missing modules. The exact critical warnings are all "[Designutils 20-1280] Could not find module 'ila*' " where the star is meant to signify all 6 involved ila modules. Again, I don't know for sure that this is relevant.

Issue #2: This one I'm much more sure of. The project is built targeting version 2.3 of the cortex A9 driver, and vivado 2017.4 doesn't actually ship with that driver in the sdk. It ships with versions 2.4 to potentially 2.6 (I also have 2018.2 installed so I can't be sure exactly what versions came with what). I suspect that version 2.3 is present on your development systems from previous vivado installations. This should have been easy to correct, but after hours on google I've been unable to find older versions of the vivado sdk to get the missing 2.3 driver, and simply re-targetting the fsbl and vdma_hdmi sdk bsp projects to version 2.4 resulted in several errors. Is it possible to provide or instruct me in updating the sdk projects to at least version 2.4? Alternatively, could you provide driver version 2.3 or directions to it? (It's entirely possible that I'm just blind and I've been looking for it long enough now that I'm not actually seeing the link even with it right in front of my face)

Thank you for your time and attention,

-Aaron

3 answers to this question

Hi @Aaron2,

I would suggest to start with a fresh project using the Zybo-Z7-20-pcam-5c-2017.4-1.zip found in the release tab here? Make sure that you have the digilent board files installed.   The Integrated Logic Analyzer (ILA) was used for debugging purposes and removed from the design. The ILA warning are not an issue.  Does the project linked above generate a bitstream?

cheers,

Jon

Archived