MicroSD Card on the ARTY-Z7-20

Antonio Fasano

Question

Hi,  Guys

I am configuring my ARTY-Z7-20 through the microSD card. I would like to add data to it in binary form and would like to retrieve that data in a later session. How should I do it ? Do I need to add the SD Card as an SD CARD IP in my project ? Are there any examples about that ?

Thanks

Antonio

4 answers to this question

Hi @Antonio Fasano,

I have not configured an fpga with the sd card and then use the same sd card to send and receive data.  I do not see a reason why you would not be able to use the same SD card to configure the Arty-Z7-20 and send and receive data as well.  Just make sure that the boot.bin file is in the root directory of the SD card.  

In the Arty-Z7 reference manual here it describes the process of configuring the FPGA from the SD card in section 3.1 microSD Boot Mode.  Here is an older tutorial for the zedboard, ZYNQ processor, but the process is the same for making a boot.bin and configuring from the sd card. This tutorial also shows how to configure the Arty-Z7 from the QSPI if you would rather use the QSPI instead of the SD card. 

thank you,

Jon

Hi @Antonio Fasano,

We do not have a tutorial for reading/writing to the SD card.  You should be able to use the SD connection made with the ZYNQ processor. Make sure to be using the Digilent board files to ensure the ZYNQ processor is configured correctly.  I have attached an SDK example that  opens and writes to a file on the SD card. 

cheers,

Jon

main.c

Archived