Azesinte

Question

I have fallowed the tutorial of Getting Started with Digilent Pmod IPs, but when I got to section 11 I was stuck. I tried to create a new application project on Vivado SDK using my own hardware platform,but it showed this:42973383_myerr.png.4b0b509030bab0f770b6632e34ca43fe.png

The tutorial shows this :tutorial.png.5fc91253a6718e9c0e4c076234acd8fe.png

I have no processor(microblaze_0), is there anything wrong with my project or did I miss something in tutorial?

My Vivado version is 2018.2.

5 answers to this question

Thanks for replying, I really appreciated it.        

My board is NEXYS4 DDR. 

I found the causes of this problem above(my block design was wrong and I have fixed it-------maybe). But I am stuck by the very end (I think) of tutorial. if I set 'reset' as input which is set up by Connection Automation in block design, then I will get this message while running  C program:reset.png.839ff056f9e4c3111fe0873e0acb436a.png

Then I tried to remove reset input, and had a try again. Turned out, my C program which is copied from vivado library pmodGPS ip example is wrong:lack.png.2ec5eec7ab0213ab0a60184ffd54511b.png

The library I got from GitHub doesn`t have necessary Header file   WProgram.h.

And this is my block design:mybd.thumb.png.a271afe0be9710f0c43701b27c062279.png

What`s more, it`s my very first time to use MicroBlaze. I just followed the tutorial of getting started with Digilent pmods ips (also my first time).

So could you please help me with it? How can I solve this problem, should I find another library of pmodGPS program or program it myself.

And is there anything wrong with my block design? if so, how to fix it, thank you.

@jpeyron Now my problem has become this:

memory.png.8b6472e9e9bd148e11df04643fb459e6.png

Is my micorblaze`s memory too small? 

I just can not get through whole project successfully. would you please give me an example of using pmodGPS on NEXYS4 DDR that can work correctly? Facing with so many unexpected BUGs, I do have a setback. I will appreciate your precious time.

Hi @Azesinte,

Here is a verified and completed Vivado 2018.2 Nexys 4DDR Pmod GPS project. Make sure to use the Digilent board files and the most current Vivado Library. I have attached some screen shot of the process in Vivado and the tera term result after configuring the board in SDK. In the clocking wizard did you make the reset type active low? In your block design you did not connect the interrupt on the Pmod GPS to the concat ip core. What is your plan for the switches? I also included the DDR. 

cheers,

Jon

Nexys4DDR_GPS_1.jpg

Nexys4DDR_GPS_2.jpg

Nexys4DDR_GPS_3.jpg

Nexys4DDR_GPS_4.jpg

Nexys4DDR_GPS_5.jpg

Archived