pmod wifi

harika

Question

we are using vivado 2016.1 version of vivado.

1)Eventhough I added pins as per the video and rectified as per video  I was getting errors in deWebIOServerSrc.cpp that our pins are not declared, In the video while adding pins there are list of pins coming down, for that we need to add any files or not necessary.

2)when we refer to some videos they are placing leds in one GPIO and switches in another GPIO but in our block diagram we are placing only one axigpio for both the setting for both issues are same or not.

Thank you.

FGG.PNG

Screenshot (59).png

Thanks for attachment of your deWebIOServerSrc.cpp it helped to remove our errors.

1)We got an error in sd file when i referred I found that we have to add the folder titled "CopyTheseToYourSDCard" needs to be copied to the your sd card. Is there any particular procedure for how to copy the files into sd card in zedboard?

2)we have to connect sd card or pmod sd card to zedboard?

Thank you.

error file.PNG

Hi @harika,

1) The Pmod WIFI facilitates the connection to a WIFI Network. We have provide a few example for usage. 

a) You should see the Pmod WIFI connecting through the serial terminal text.

2) I haven't tried using a WIFI Hotspot but i do not see a reason why you can not use the hotspot. If the Pmod WiFI connects to your mobile hotspot then there shoulds not be an issue.

thank you,

Jon

Hi @harika

COM1 is not used to communicate with usb devices connected externally.  You should be using the other generated COM Port that you mentioned in your post(COM15). Typically Windows assigns the same com port to the same usb device each time it is connected. You do not get to choose the COM Port you would like to use to communicate to the device but rather Windows assigns a COM Port to the device. Window allows the user to un-assign COM Ports effectively allowing you to alter which COM Port the device uses.  My understanding is that when you re-connect the removed device then Windows will re-assign it the lowest unassigned COM Port. 

thank you,

Jon

Hi @harika,

I believe the HTML web page error is related to the materials on the SD card. 

1)  Please attach a screen shot of the contents of the Sd card you are using.

2) Please follow the YouTube video here from about 6 minutes and 28 seconds on for how to set up the HTTP server project. Make sure to update the login an password for the router/modem you are using.

thank you,

Jon

Hi @jpeyron

1) I just placed sd card onto the zedboard .Actually I don't know how to write data into SDcard so i didnot place any contents into SDcard. Please help me with the functionality of sd card?

2)I will update my login password and modem as you mentioned.

thank you.

Hi @harika,

Put the SD card into a SD card reader in a compatible PC. Then open the SD card under the computer section after opening a folder. Then copy the contents of the folder named CopyTheseToYourSDCard from the vivado library here: vivado-library\ip\Pmods\PmodWIFI_vv1_0\drivers\examples\HTTPServer.

thank you,

Jon

Hi @harika,

1) The readme on the GitHub for the HTTPServer example in the PmodWIFI IP Core says that "the HTTP Server demo allows users to interact with GPIO pins on their boards via Wi-Fi. For example, users will be able to turn LEDs on or off and read the positions of the board's switches. A video tutorial for this demo is available here."

The PmodWIFI IP Core HTTPServer does the above description by connecting to an existing WIFI network provided by your modem and has an HTTPServer that  interacts (in your case for the Zedboard ) with on-board GPIO. The HTTPServer made by the development board/PmodWIFI is accessible from any other WIFI device using that WIFI network.  Hope this clears up any confusion about the HTTPServer demo. 

thank you,

Jon

Archived