pynq z1 board /dev/root/ full, no available space

hkhantang

Question

I'm using pynq z1board, use the pynq_z1_v2.3.img image file, when the board start the micro sd card has been automatically divided into 

2 partition, the first partition is fat16 format and has BOOT.BIN and image.ub file, the second partition is linux ext3 foramt; 

the whole volume of my sd card is 32GB;  when I use 'TAB' key there is warning as follows:

-bash: cannot create temp file for here-document: No space left on device

So I use command 'df -hl',as follows,the /dev/root/ is full, how can I solve the problem?
xilinx@pynq:~$ df -hl
Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/root       5.2G  5.2G     0 100% /
devtmpfs        185M     0  185M   0% /dev
tmpfs           249M     0  249M   0% /dev/shm
tmpfs           249M   27M  223M  11% /run
tmpfs           5.0M     0  5.0M   0% /run/lock
tmpfs           249M     0  249M   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
tmpfs            50M     0   50M   0% /run/user/1000

2 answers to this question

Hi @hkhantang,

Digilent typically supports hardware issues related to broken or damaged equipment. PYNQ.IO typically handles software, demos and issues related to configuring the Jupyter Notebook platform. I would suggest to reach out to PYNQ.IO support where they will be better equipped to handle your issue.

thank you,

Jon

On 11/28/2018 at 4:02 AM, jpeyron said:

Hi @hkhantang,

Digilent typically supports hardware issues related to broken or damaged equipment. PYNQ.IO typically handles software, demos and issues related to configuring the Jupyter Notebook platform. I would suggest to reach out to PYNQ.IO support where they will be better equipped to handle your issue.

thank you,

Jon

thanks! I'll visit the PYNQ.IO website to find support.

Archived