where I can download "ZedBoard Linux Hardware Design"

Yasitha

Question

Hi,

I am following your this  tutorial for install linaro in zedboard. But I could not find the "ZedBoard Linux Hardware Design" in your website. Instead of that I found Out Of Box project folder from here . But the BOOT.BIN file in that project folder seems do not support for linaro. when I open the kernal through serial port it says

** Unable to read "ramdisk8M.image.gz" from mmc 0:1 **
## Starting application at 0x00008000 ...

Then I copied the ramdisk8M.image.gz file in OOB project folder to the FAT partition also, Then the process stops at

## Starting application at 0x00008000 ...

Can someone please help me on this. Thanks

5 answers to this question

Hi @Yasitha,

To load the OOB demo on the Zedboard from the sd card you need to load the contents of the SD_image folder on the sd card. Making sure the Zedboard is set to SD mode. And then turn on the zedboard making sure the usb uart us connected to your pc. I have attached some screen shots that should help. I would suggest using petalinux. Petalinux is basically a wrapper for yocto. Here is a tutorial that should help with making your on petalinux project. Here is an instructable for Getting Started With PetaLinux.

thank you,

Jon

sd_image_1.jpg

sd_mode.jpg

Hi jpeyron,

Thank you for your reply. I am not trying to run OOB project, I am trying to install linaro in zedboard according to your this tutorial. The final stage of that tutorial is copying the BOOT.BIN file from "ZedBoard Linux Hardware Design" project(please refer page 10 of tutorial). since I could not find that project I used boot.bin file in OOB. I have tried OOB project as you have mentioned here and it worked pretty well. what I want is, install linaro in zedboard. when I use the boot.bin file in OOB project the process stop at the point as I mentioned in first place. Can you tell me how to make boot.bin file for linaro or can you provide it?

Thanks

Archived